Step by step Aloo Keema Recipe Pakistani (Potato and Mince Curry )with photos.
Aloo means potato in Urdu and keema is mince meat. Aloo keema is staple in every Pakistani home. It is super simple to make and this recipe is particularly easy. It is one pot simple recipe but has great taste.
Cooking time is a bit longer than usual since, we are slow cooking but I find it really easy to manage. As, I just need to put all ingredient in pot and let it slow cook while simultaneously, I can cook rice and then roti. Afterwards, I remove the lid of keema and let it simmer with frequent stirrings here and there till water dries simultaneously doing dishes and clean up. After adding potatoes to the mince, I set the table make salad. So, with a little management a hearty meal that everyone loves is ready to enjoyed. The whole process would take around 60 minutes. And, you can always pressure cook for 10 minutes to cut slow cooking time.
Sometimes, when I’m really busy in household chores, I just buy readymade roti or bread and this keema requires very little active time in kitchen so it’s again a convenient food.
My other similar mince recipes
How to make Aloo Keema Recipe Pakistani (Potato and Mince Curry)
- ½ kg mince mutton/beef
- ½ cup oil less or more depending on fat in mince
- 2 medium onions each cut in four pieces
- 3 medium tomatoes each cut in four pieces
- 2 tablespoon green chilli paste
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 8 black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ tablespoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 big cardamom slitted
- 4 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 Potatoes cut in large chunks
- Water less or more as per gravy required
- Handful coriander leaves chopped
- 1 inch ginger julienne slices
- 1-2 green chilli deseeded and sliced
- 2 Lemon wedges
- Put all ingredients of list 1 in pot. Mix well and cover tightly. Cook for 30 minutes on low flame. (Or pressure cook for 10 minutes)
- Remove lid and cook for 7-10 minutes with frequent stirring until oil separates on the side on pot and gravy is dry. (This is called bhunna)
- Now add potatoes and water and cook for another 7 minutes on medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- Garnish with ginger, coriander and green chilli slices and lemon wedges.
Step by step Aloo Keema Recipe Pakistani
All list 1 ingredients except mince.
Put all list 1 ingredients and mince in pot and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat with lid covered.
When all ingredients are soft, mix well.
Now cook for 25 minutes on slow heat with lid tightly covered. (You can also pressure cook for 10 minutes.)
Remove lid and cook for 7-10 minutes on medium to high heat with frequent stirring. Cook till water dries and oil separates on the sides. (Bhunofy)
That’s keema looks after bhunnofying.
Add potatoes. (You may add less or more potatoes. You can also add boiled green peas at this stage for aloo matar keema.)
Add ¾ cup water. (Less or more water according to required consistency.)
Mix well and make sure all potatoes are pushed below the gravy for even cooking.
Aloo Keema Recipe Pakistani is ready. Garnish with green coriander, ginger and lemon wedges.