Want my secret detox drink on Valentine’s day for beautiful skin? That also boost your energy like a shot of vitamins and mineral. Yes! Apple beetroot carrot juice hydrates your body and with a low-glycemic index, it also helps reduce weight. For short it is called ABC juice or drink.
Apple Beetroot Carrot Juice AKA ABC Drink
I came to know about this drink from my mother and this has been quite famous in Indian society. But, we added it to our diet only recently, and since we make it every 2-3 days through winter and early spring when fresh carrots and apples are plenty. We have tried all variations that were possible.
Best time to drink Apple beet carrot juice
So the best time to drink any high nutrient food is in the morning and on empty stomach. The absorption level of the body is highest and that’s when you get the most health benefits. Another good time is before 5 pm in the evening.
Benefits of apple beet carrot juice
It helps with weight loss. Apple and beets are rich in iron while the carrot is rich in vitamin A and antioxidants. Ginger helps with weight loss. Overall, the drink is very refreshing and energy-boosting. It also helps hydrations. What more this drink has only one fruit that apple to add sweetness and make it super delicious.
Why this combo works best?
Do not add any other fruit as mixing fruit and veggies is not a good idea. The fruits and veggies have different digestion timings and so it might disturb digestion and make the stomach upset and cause gastric troubles. Carrot and apple are two exceptions in this case and can mingle with all fruits and veggies. Learn more about it here.
Can I drink ABC juice daily?
Yes, you can drink it daily. We consumed it for about a month on daily basis and sometimes we would water it down and consume it at intervals the whole day long.
ABC Juice for weight loss
Yes, this drink can help weight loss too. We would some ginger in the drink for an additional weight loss boost. Because ginger helps cutting fat in the body. Besides, in summer when fresh juicy carrots are not available we would add cucumber instead of carrot and cucumber also helps weight loss.
What else can go in this drinks?
We added things that we had in hand and substituted one ingredient for another. So you can add any greens like
- baby spinach
- Very little bitter gourd
- bottle gourd
- celery stalks
How to make ABC Drink?
To make an Apple beetroot carrot drink you just need to wash the veggies. You can use a juicer to make this juice.
Can I make this juice in a blender instead of a hard juicer?
The hard juicer method is easier and convenient. If using a blender, add extra water to keep the motor rolling and strain it through a coarse strainer. Pressing the mixture with a spatula can help to strain quickly. However, the blender helps extract more juice compared to juicers.
Want more juice recipes? Check these!
Apple Beetroot Carrot Juice | ABC drink
- ½ large beetroot
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large apple
- 1/2 inch piece ginger, peeled, optional
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Ice cubes, as needed
More optional add ins
- 1 cup spinach or kale
- 1-2 stalk celery
- ½ bitter gourd
- Honey to taste
- Black salt to taste
Wash and prepare veggies
- Wash and scrub beet. Chop off the leafy head and tail. Then roughly cut the beet in chunks and set aside.
- Next, wash and scrape the carrot roots with the back of a knife. Chop off the head. Slice the carrot into half for easy juicing.
- Wash and core the apple. Then cut the apple into four halves.
- Juice all the veggies in a juicer. Do a taste test. Adjust taste if needed by adding honey or little black salt.
- Place all the veggies in a blender with half cup of water. Add more water if needed to keep the veggies moving.
- Blend the mixture until smooth then transfer juice in a coarse strainer with a bowl underneath.
- Extract juice in the bowl. You might need the move and press the pulp in the strainer with a spatula to extract all the juice.
- Discard the pulp and do a taste test. Add little honey or black salt to the juice if as needed. Enjoy chilled.