Step by step recipe of delicious Brownie balls dipped in chocolate coating with photos of each step.
These brownie balls are like little bites of brownie in the mouth. They taste yum. I served them to a bunch of friend and they loved it. So, I thought this recipe needs to go on the blog.
Now, if you love simple baking like me, then check this brownie recipe with cocoa powder and no chocolate.
Although, I’m getting cheeky but this carrot cake is also delicious and easy to bake. Check here!
Now, I’ll be honest, baking brownie and making balls is super simple but coating with chocolate is messy if you are doing it for the first time. I’ve done it many times so I’ve got the hang of it (and you will too.)
The kind of chocolate you use, really matters when coating with chocolate. I recommend thining with milk as my chocolate thickens when mixed with butter or oil. So, I suggest if you are coating for first time try mixing little milk in chocolate and see if it thin or thicken. If it thicken then try thining your chocolate with oil. Once, you are sure of reaction then continue with whole batch of chocolate. Same rule goes with chocolate chips.
Furthermore, if you feel coating with chocolate is difficult for you and time-consuming then you can coat with roasted nuts or coconut or roasted sesame seeds too. In fact, you can leave the coating all together but add a roasted almond in center of each ball.
These are my other chocolate balls recipe
How to make Brownie balls dipped in chocolate
Brownie balls dipped in chocolate coating
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup sweetened chocolate - shredded
- ½ cup hot milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 cup sugar - powdered
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 pinch salt - (avoid if using salted butter)
For Brownie Bites
- 4 tablespoon condensed milk
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 200 gram chocolate - for coating
- 1 tablespoon milk - to thin chocolate for coating
- Coloured Sprinkles for topping
- Pre-heat the oven at gas mark 4 or 350 F or 177 C.
- Grease your 7x7 inch square baking dish with oil.
- Sieve flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together and keep aside.
- Take chocolate in a bowl and pour hot milk over it. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs and sugar until creamy. Add oil and whisk again.
- Now mix flour mixture until well combined. Pour the mixture in the baking tray and bake for 30-35 minutes. Check after 25 minutes by inserting a stick, the fudgy brownie will stick to the checking stick. If liquid batter is visible on stick, bake brownie for more 5-10 minutes. Brownie is ready.
For Brownie bites
- Let brownie cool to room temperature, slice off the hard sides of brownie.
- Then crumble the brownie with a spoon and mix in condensed milk and butter. Mix well to form a soft dough.
- Make 2-3 cm balls from brownie dough. Put the balls in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate with milk in microwave by heating with interval of 10 seconds and mixing after each interval. Or melt chocolate on a double boiler taking care that boiling water doesn’t touch the bottom of chocolate dish.
- Dip each ball in chocolate and lift with a fork. Give a slight tap to fork so extra chocolate drips off. Then place each ball on baking tray lined with butter paper. Garnish with coloured sprinkles.
- You can store brownie balls in fridge immediately, but they will melt as soon as kept out of fridge.
- Or temper the chocolate by leaving in on counter over night to set naturally. Then you can store these balls outside for 1-2 days.