Step by step recipe of Brownie recipe with cocoa powder and oil from scratch.
On a lazy day, while reading your favorite book, sometimes you crave for brownie that is easy to make and the ingredients are also available. Something that you can have with tea with least effort and enjoy the moment.
This is the easiest chocolate brownie recipe possible and is made with quickest possible method. No equipment required, and with ingredient that are almost always present at home. No chocolate or chocolate chip required, as brownie is made with cocoa powder. The top is fudgy and center is cake like. You might my molten lava cake and carrot cake too.
How to make Brownie recipe with cocoa powder and oil from scratch
Brownie recipe with cocoa powder
- 1 cup eggs , or 4 large egg
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder,, good quality
- ¾ cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1¾ to 2 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teapoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon milk
- a pinch of salt,, , not required if using salted butter
- Pre-heat the oven at gas mark 4 or 350 F or 177 C.
- Grease your 8 inch square baking dish with oil or butter.
- In a bowl, take plain flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder, whisk it with the help of fork.
- In another bowl whisk eggs and add sugar. Beat egg and sugar with wire whisker for a minute.
- Add butter and whisk again.
- Add cocoa ,flour mixture and mix well with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture in the baking tray and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Check after 25 minutes by inserting a stick, the fudgy brownie will stick to the checking stick. If liquid batter is visible on stick, bake brownie for more 5-10 minutes.
- You can use electric beater too for beating egg, sugar and butter.
- You may use less or more sugar as per your taste.
- You may add roasted nut on top of your brownie, just before placing it in oven.
Step by Step Brownie recipe with cocoa powder
Pre-heat the oven and grease the dish. I’m using this Pyrex glass dish as this has a lid so I just place the lid and store the brownie in fridge.
Take cocoa powder, flour and baking powder in bowl. I skip the sifting of flour.
Whisk the flour with the fork. Whisk for about a minute so flour lighten and air fills in the mixture.
I take 2 same size mugs. Fill my eggs and then I take an equal amount of flour in other cup. Then measure cocoa powder and oil which are half of egg in volume. So one cup is to measure wet ingredients and other is measure dry ingredients.
Whisk egg with a wire whisker.
Add powdered sugar or icing sugar and whisk well until creamy. ( You can use less or more sugar to taste)
Add oil or butter and whisk very well.
Add dry cocoa powder, flour mixture and mix well.
Now, if you feel your brownie is very dense and thick; add milk.
Here’s the delicious batter ready to be poured in baking dish.
I fill only 1 inch height of tray as brownie will rise a bit.
The rich smell of brownie fills the house and you know it’s ready. 30-35 minute of baking.
The stick test, you see the gooey center is sticking to the stick but there is no liquid batter.
Cover your brownie immediately (with metal lid) after taking out of the oven to trap the moisture and to have gooey top. I’ll also store the brownie in the same dish.
- For best brownies, height of batter filled in tray should be between 1 and 1.5 inch.
- If making your own powdered sugar, always grind in small batches and for few extra minutes. Also sift the powdered sugar like flour;it separates bigger sugar granules from fine particles. This step is very important in baking any cake as large sugar granules settle down in the cake pan and burn easily.
- Always break eggs one by one in a separate bowl. Like break an egg in a small bowl and transfer to large container. Break another egg in small bowl and then add that one to first egg. So if one of the egg is rotten it doesn’t get mixed with good eggs.