Carrot soup recipe with orange juice and photo of each step. Winter means amazingly sweet and fresh carrots. Carrots are among most versatile vegetables; juice it, make soups from it, make carrot halwa, or carrot cake, may be carrot salad or add it to curries and what not. Vitamin A in carrots is very healthy for eyes. The red and orange color of carrot also make it a good source of natural food color and this carrot soup has bright red color.
Carrot as sweetener
Did you know in middle ages, when sugar and other sweeteners were too expansive, carrot were used to make desserts. That’s why we have so many English desserts using carrots. While sugar cane is the source of 80% sugar of the world, 20% sugar comes from Beet roots. Other natural sweeteners are dates honey, jaggery and maple syrup.
This carrot soup has orange and carrot juice so you will need a hard juicer and citrus juicer. While the juice is good on its own, it taste great as a sweet and sour soup too. It’s has striking and punching taste that will surely take you by surprise.
My other soup recipes are,
How to make Carrot soup with Orange juice?
Carrot Soup With Orange Juice
- 2 cups fresh carrot juice
- 1 cup fresh orange juice – I used Kennow
- 4 cups chicken stock – , I used 2 chicken cubes and 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoon flour
- ½ tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tin corns kernels
- 2 teaspoon salt or as per taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3 cups water
- Mix carrot , orange and chicken stock together. Set aside.
- In a pot heat oil, butter, garlic and flour. Fry for 1 minutes.
- Slowly pour juice-stock mixture and stir constantly to avoid lumps. When the mixture is smooth, pour all the remaining juice stock mix.
- Next add remaining ingredients water, corn , salt and pepper.
- Bring the soup to boil and simmer for 5 minutes on medium flame. Delicious soup is ready.