Step by step recipe Cheese corn balls with photo of each step.
These corn balls are easiest appetizer, I know. These are addictive too. What I like best about this recipe is that it doesn’t require coating with egg or bread crumbs and that’s such a relief. I got this recipe from my friend Tasneem.
The coating is crisp and crunchy while the centre is bread like but cheesy. I’m sharing this recipe with basic spices and you can always take it to next level by adding herbs like fresh coriander or chicken or red chilli flakes or all. But ,I like the basic cheesy flavour that can be served as a starter with a spicy dip like chilli garlic sauce. One more thing, these babies puff up pretty well so make just ½ inch ball and they’ll puff to become ¾-1 inch balls. The recipe is kids friendly; even toddlers would love it.
My other fried recipes are
How to make cheese corn balls recipe
Corn Cheese Balls Rcipe
- 1 cup flour
- 200 gram cheddar cheese, ,grated
- 1 tin corn, ,water kept separately
- 3-4 jalapeños, ,finely chopped (darmiyani mirch)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and set aside for 20-30 minutes. Let the cheese in the mixture melt completely.
- Knead the mixture into a dough. Add 1-2 teaspoon of corn water if needed to form dough.
- Form ½ inch balls. Push the corns in the dough while making balls.
- Fry on medium flame until golden brown and dry on kitchen towel.
- Serve hot with chilli garlic sauce.
Step by step recipe of cheese corn balls.
Take all ingredients in bowl and mix well. (The recipe calls for shredded cheddar cheese, but cheddar cheese in the picture is melted at room temperature.)
Mix well and wait for 30 minute to let the cheese melt. Than add 1-2 teaspoon of corn water to knead a dough. (Since the cheese was already melted so I go ahead directly.)
Form ½ balls of the dough. The ball will puff to make ¾ inch balls.
Fry a little piece of dough to check the temperature of oil and consistency of dough.
Then, fry corn balls in small batches until golden brown.