What could be more delicious than Chicken penne pasta with white sauce wrapped in a cheesy casserole? Yes, I’ve also prepared a video tutorial so you can easily make this dish and I’m so excited to share it. YUM!
This Chicken Penne Pasta Recipe is
- *from scratch
- *deliciously juicy
- *reasonably spiced
- and so yummy.
Few weeks back, I threw a steak party for my family and this chicken corn casserole was perfect match with tenderloin steaks.
Although, freshly prepared pasta tastes best but this casserole worked very well. I prepared it way in advance ( 24 hours ahead) and kept it in fridge. Then reheated in oven at the last moment with grated cheese on top.
I’ve also used few green chillies in this recipe that provide enough heat to contrast with sweetness of corns.
- Make sure your white sauce is super smooth and not lumpy. To attain that here’s a tip. When you sauté flour for white sauce it should be paste like in appearance and not lumpy. You should add enough butter or oil while sautéing to give it a paste like appearance. When you mix milk gradually in this paste, it is more to dissolve in a smooth sauce. While a dry flour is more likely to form lumps.
- Make sure your pasta is cooked 1 minute less than the time mentioned on packet. This will allow pasta to absorb some of white sauce liquid without breaking its shape.
- For best taste make fresh and serve immediately.
- However, this casserole can be prepared up to 24 hour ahead and kept in fridge. Bake just before serving.
- Leftovers can also be reheated this in a pan with little milk on slow heat.
My other similar recipes:
How to make Chicken Penne Pasta Recipe?
Chicken Pasta (with White Sauce)
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon green chilli paste
- 400 gram chicken
- ¼ teaspoon salt , or to taste
Make White Sauce
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 nos chicken cube
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ tablespoon oregano
- 4 cups milk
- 1½ cup raw penne pasta, (boiled as per packet instruction with salt)
- 1 tin corn, ,water drained
- 1 stalk green onion, ,sliced
- 1-2 green chillies, ,chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt , or to taste
- 75 gram cheese, ,more to garnish
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Mix all the ingredients to make chicken in the pan and cook for 20 minutes on low heat until chicken is tender and all water dries. Set aside.
- In another pot heat oil and sauté flour, chicken cube, oregano, and black pepper for a minute on low heat.
- Then gradually add milk to the flour while stirring constantly. Break the flour lumps if any. Keep stirring until the white sauce is bubbling hot and smooth.
- Remove sauce from heat and add remaining ingredients in others section and mix well.
- Transfer the chicken pasta to 1.5 liters oven-proof dish and garnish with more cheese.
- Just before serving bake in a preheated oven at 350 °F for 10 minutes or until bubbling hot. Then broil for 2-4 minutes until golden from the top. Serve immediately.
However, this casserole can be prepared up to 24 hour ahead and kept in fridge. Bake just before serving.
Leftovers can also be reheated this in a pan with little milk on slow heat.