Chicken bread lasagna pie recipe with photos of each step. In this pie, we combine the goodness of homemade sandwiches with french pie. The recipe is highly adaptable.
Specially , when guests are around and you want one quick dish. This is my favorite on those days. So you can adjust this bread lasagna to your taste, however, I’m giving a complete recipe with fresh ingredients.
Bread Lasagna Pie
What makes this bread lasagna pie absolutely yummy is the variety of sauce. The ketchup-mayo sauce on soaked bread makes a soft base for the pie. Then almost any leftover chicken pairs well with the dish. Finally, the creamy cheesy veggie sauce. When you dig your spoon into the dish you feel going through so many layers and each with a distinct taste. Overall, tasting so much in one bite is so delightful.
One more thing that’s so good about this pie is you can use any veggie available to you in the pantry. I prefer chopping my veggies very finely so my kids who are not great fans of veggies will eat these essentials without any trouble.
Bread lasagna with leftovers
This is a very forgiving dish and can be made with leftovers too. You can use stale bread ( although, fresh is recommended), leftover chicken with or without gravy. Add vegetables that are in hand and everyday sauces, like white sauce, ketchup, and mustard. Finish with some cheese, and a delicious bread lasagna is ready to eat.
Lastly, this bread pie is juicy! NOM NOM NOM. You won’t stop till wipe off the dish clean.
How to make Chicken Bread Lasagna Pie Recipe
Add ginger , garlic, green chili , oil and salt to chicken , mix well.
Cook for 10-15 minutes on medium low flame until tender and water dries completely.
Cut sides of bread. Soak each bread in milk, but soak lightly or squeeze extra milk.
Place all in a dish.
In a bowl take all bread crust sauces.
Pour a layer of sauce on the bread and then a layer of chicken.
Fry oil and flour in a fry pan.
Season with oregano, chicken cube, pepper and salt.Mix well and turn off heat.
Add milk and mix very well, until you have a smooth sauce. Turn on heat and bring sauce to boil.
Chop vegetables of your choice. And steam some fresh corn kernels. (steaming of corn not required if using tinned corns). Add vegetables and corns to hot white sauce.
Add fresh coriander and jalapeno pepper. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
Here’s I used mushrooms and olives to garnish but you can use any vegetable.
Cover the dish with shredded cheddar cheese. And bake at 350 F for 15 minutes. The Bread lasagna should be bubbling hot.
Hungry for more? Check these!
Bread Lasagna Pie with chicken and veggies
- 400 gm boneless chicken breast pieces
- 1 tbs green chilli paste
- 1 tbs ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbs oil
- salt to taste
- 4 medium bread slices, or more to cover base
- 3/4 cup milk
- 5 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
White sauce with vegetables
- 4 tablespoon oil or butter
- 5 tablespoon plain flour
- ½ chicken cube , (or 1 tbs chicken powder)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano powder
- ½ teaspoon salt , or to taste
- 2 cup Warm milk
- 2 jalapeno pepper, , optional
- 2 to 3 tbs chopped fresh coriander, , optional
- 1 cup mixed chopped vegetable, like capsicum, green onions, carrots, brocolli
- 1 cup fresh steamed corn or tinned corn
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, ,shredded
mushroom and olives for garnishing
- Heat the oven on 350 F.
- Add ginger garlic paste, green chili paste, salt and oil to the chicken. Cook it until chicken is tender and water dries.
- Cut sides of breads and lightly soak breads in milk and then place in a dish.
- Mix mayonnaise, chili garlic sauce, tomato ketchup, mustard, chili and soy sauce in bowl. Pour the sauce mixture on top of bread layer.
- Add a layer of boneless chicken on sauce.
- To make white sauce, heat oil in a vessel on low flame and add flour. Fry for 10 sec, now add salt, pepper, oregano and chicken cube. Turn off flame and add warm milk. Mix well to form a smooth sauce. Return to cooking and bring white sauce to boil. Turn off heat.
- To hot white sauce add corn, jalapeno pepper and vegetables. Mix well and pour sauce on top of chicken in the dish.
- Cover the white sauce with cheese and olives and mushrooms.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese melted and dish is bubbling hot.