Chicken bread pie Recipe with photos of each step. In this pie, we combined the goodness of homemade sandwiches with french pie. The recipe is highly adaptable. You can use stale bread ( although, fresh is recommended) leftover chicken with or without gravy, few vegetable, everyday sauces, like white sauce, some cheese and a delicious pie is ready to eat.
Specially , when guests are around and you want one quick dish. This is my favorite on those days. So you can adjust this pie to your taste, however I’m giving a complete recipe with fresh ingredients.
What makes this pie absolutely yummy is the variety of sauce. The ketchup-mayo sauce on soaked bread makes a soft base for the pie. Then almost any leftover chicken pairs well with dish. Finally, the creamy cheesy veggie sauce. What dig your spoon in the dish you feel going though so many layers and each with a distinct taste. Overall, tasting so much in one bite is so delightful.
One more that’s so good about this pie is you can use any veggie available to you in the pantry. I prefer chopping my veggies very finely so my kids who are not great fans of veggies will eat these essentials without any trouble.
Lastly, this pie is juicy! NOM NOM NOM. You won’t stop till wipe off the dish clean.
Resourse: You can also check Food Network’s Chicken Pie here.
My other similar recipes
How to make Chicken Bread Pie Recipe
Chicken Bread Pie Recipe
- 400 gm boneless chicken breast pieces
- 1 tbs green chilli paste
- 1 tbs ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbs oil
- salt to taste
- 4 medium bread slices – or more to cover base
- 3/4 cup milk
- 5 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
White sauce with vegetables
- 4 tablespoon oil or butter
- 5 tablespoon plain flour
- ½ chicken cube – (or 1 tbs chicken powder)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano powder
- ½ teaspoon salt – or to taste
- 2 cup Warm milk
- 2 jalapeno pepper – , optional
- 2 to 3 tbs chopped fresh coriander – , optional
- 1 cup mixed chopped vegetable – like capsicum, green onions, carrots, brocolli
- 1 cup fresh steamed corn or tinned corn
- ½ cup cheddar cheese – ,shredded
mushroom and olives for garnishing
- Heat the oven on 350 F.
- Add ginger garlic paste, green chili paste, salt and oil to the chicken. Cook it until chicken is tender and water dries.
- Cut sides of breads and lightly soak breads in milk and then place in a dish.
- Mix mayonnaise, chili garlic sauce, tomato ketchup, mustard, chili and soy sauce in bowl. Pour the sauce mixture on top of bread layer.
- Add a layer of boneless chicken on sauce.
- To make white sauce, heat oil in a vessel on low flame and add flour. Fry for 10 sec, now add salt, pepper, oregano and chicken cube. Turn off flame and add warm milk. Mix well to form a smooth sauce. Return to cooking and bring white sauce to boil. Turn off heat.
- To hot white sauce add corn, jalapeno pepper and vegetables. Mix well and pour sauce on top of chicken in the dish.
- Cover the white sauce with cheese and olives and mushrooms.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese melted and dish is bubbling hot.