Chicken bread pie Recipe with photos of each step. In this pie, we combined the goodness of homemade sandwiches with french pie. The recipe is highly adaptable. You can use stale bread ( although, fresh is recommended) leftover chicken with or without gravy, few vegetable, everyday sauces, like white sauce, some cheese and a delicious pie is ready to eat.
Specially , when guests are around and you want one quick dish. This is my favorite on those days. So you can adjust this pie to your taste, however I’m giving a complete recipe with fresh ingredients.
What makes this pie absolutely yummy is the variety of sauce. The ketchup-mayo sauce on soaked bread makes a soft base for the pie. Then almost any leftover chicken pairs well with dish. Finally, the creamy cheesy veggie sauce. What dig your spoon in the dish you feel going though so many layers and each with a distinct taste. Overall, tasting so much in one bite is so delightful.
One more that’s so good about this pie is you can use any veggie available to you in the pantry. I prefer chopping my veggies very finely so my kids who are not great fans of veggies will eat these essentials without any trouble.
Lastly, this pie is juicy! NOM NOM NOM. You won’t stop till wipe off the dish clean.
Resourse: You can also check Food Network’s Chicken Pie here.
My other similar recipes
How to make Chicken Bread Pie Recipe
If you try this recipe or any other recipe from my site, please share on social media with #loveRecipe52 or tag us on Facebook and Instagram @recipe52.
A delicious pie, hassle free and easy. A Family favourite recipe for weekend nights.
- 400 gm boneless chicken breast pieces
- 1 tbs green chilli paste
- 1 tbs ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbs oil
- salt to taste
- 4 medium bread slices or more to cover base
- 3/4 cup milk
- 5 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoon oil or butter
- 5 tablespoon plain flour
- ½ chicken cube (or 1 tbs chicken powder)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano powder
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 cup Warm milk
- 2 jalapeno pepper , optional
- 2 to 3 tbs chopped fresh coriander , optional
- 1 cup mixed chopped vegetable like capsicum, green onions, carrots, brocolli
- 1 cup fresh steamed corn or tinned corn
- ½ cup cheddar cheese ,shredded
- Heat the oven on 350 F.
- Add ginger garlic paste, green chili paste, salt and oil to the chicken. Cook it until chicken is tender and water dries.
- Cut sides of breads and lightly soak breads in milk and then place in a dish.
- Mix mayonnaise, chili garlic sauce, tomato ketchup, mustard, chili and soy sauce in bowl. Pour the sauce mixture on top of bread layer.
- Add a layer of boneless chicken on sauce.
- To make white sauce, heat oil in a vessel on low flame and add flour. Fry for 10 sec, now add salt, pepper, oregano and chicken cube. Turn off flame and add warm milk. Mix well to form a smooth sauce. Return to cooking and bring white sauce to boil. Turn off heat.
- To hot white sauce add corn, jalapeno pepper and vegetables. Mix well and pour sauce on top of chicken in the dish.
- Cover the white sauce with cheese and olives and mushrooms.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese melted and dish is bubbling hot.
Step by step Savoury Bread Pie
Add ginger , garlic, green chili , oil and salt to chicken , mix well.
Cook for 10-15 minutes on medium low flame until tender and water dries completely.
Cut sides of bread.
Soak each bread in milk, but soak lightly or squeeze extra milk.
Place all in a dish.
In a bowl take all bread crust sauces.
Pour a layer of sauce on the bread and then a layer of chicken.
Fry oil and flour in a fry pan.
Season with oregano, chicken cube, pepper and salt.Mix well and turn off heat.
Add milk and mix very well, until you have a smooth sauce. Turn on heat and bring sauce to boil.
Chop vegetables of your choice. And steam some fresh corns kernels. (steaming of corn not required if using tinned corns).
Add vegetables and corns to hot white sauce.
Add fresh coriander and jalapeno pepper. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
Here’s I used mushrooms and olives to garnish but you can use any vegetable.
Cover the dish with shredded cheddar cheese. And bake at 350 F for 15 minutes. The pie should be bubbling hot.
Pin this image for later reference!
Like, Comment, Subscribe to let us know your opinion and request. We are working everyday to bring best taste with easiest recipe.
Pin It, Watsapp, Share! Let everyone know you discovered this amazing recipe. SHARING IS CARING!