Step-by-step recipe of chicken corn soup with photos of each step.
Nothing, simply nothing can soothe more in winter than a hot bowl of chicken corn soup. The mellow sweetness of the corn and the healing touches of chicken stock are unbeatable.
When served with a few condiments like slims chip, papri, or boiled eggs, the Chinese soup gets a desi kick. Store-bought soups are loaded with salt and Chinese salt.
Homemade versions are surely healthy and can be made easier with little effort. For best results use cream-style sweet corn tin or whole-kernel sweetcorn tin to make this soup.
If you want to make it with fresh sweet corn, then boil corn first until tender then add it to soup along with corn stock.
How to make it?
Put ingredients of soup stock in a pot and cook for 60 minutes or pressure cook for 15 minutes.
Take green chilies in a small bowl and add 3 tablespoon of vinegar. Take red chili powder in another small bowl and add 2 tablespoon of vinegar. Fill the third bowl with soy sauce. Condiments are ready to set aside with salt and pepper bottles.
Blend corn with water.
The paste of gritty and not smooth. This step is not required if using cream-style corn tin.
Mix corn flour with water to form a smooth, runny paste.
Lightly beat the eggs.
When the soup stock is ready strain the soup.
Separate chicken and bones and shred it.
To soup stock add shredded chicken, blended corn, and chicken cube or powder. Also, add 2-3 cups of water if you want more soup.
Bring soup to boil. With constant stirring add half corn flour first. Bring it to boil again and more as required until desired consistency is reached.
The soup is coming to shape.
To boil hot soup with constant stirring add eggs in a thin stream. Yeah. I'm taking photos and not stirring. Adjust salt to taste and serve piping hot with condiments and accompaniments.
If you like soup you might like
If you try this recipe, I'd LOVE to hear your feedback in the comments. Your 5-ratings motivate me to do my best. Stay connected for more recipes and videos on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Youtube.
Chicken Corn Soup
For Chicken stock
- ½ chicken breast, with chicken bony parts like necks, wings
- 1.5 liter water
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 4-5 pepper corns
For Chicken corn Soup
- 1 tin sweet corn or, 1 cup ( whole or cream style)
- ¾ cup corn flour or more if required
- 1 cup water
- ½ chicken cube , or ½ tablespoon chicken powder
- 2 eggs,, lightly beaten
- salt , to taste
- 2-3 green chilies,, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 5 teaspoon vinegar
- pepper, to taste
- 3 small bowls
- slims chips
- hard boiled eggs,, sliced
- Ginger Julienne slices
Making chicken stock
- Add all ingredient of chicken stock in a large pot and cook for 1 hour on medium low flame. Or pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- While stock is getting ready. Take green chilies in a small bowl and add 3 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Take red chili powder in small bowl and add 2 tablespoon of vinegar. Fill the third bowl with soy sauce. Condiments are ready set aside with salt and pepper bottles.
- Open a tin of corn and blend the corns with the water by only 2-3 pulses.Set aside. Do not make a paste, we want a gritty mixture.( This step is not required if using cream style corn tin)
- Mix cornflour with water and set aside.
- When the chicken stock is ready. Strain the soup.
- Separate bone from meat and shred the meat lightly with fork.
- Heat chicken stock on medium heat and add half of shredded chicken, blended corns, chicken cubes or powder.
- Add more 2-3 cup water if you want to make more soup.
- Bring soup to boil and add cornflour mixture with constant stirring. (Add half cornflour mixture first and bring to boil and check consistency. Add more cornflour mixture if required).
- Now pour eggs in a thin stream while constantly stirring the soup. Make sure the soup is very hot.
- Adjust salt and serve hot with condiments and accompaniments. Also add remaining half of shredded chicken on individual servings.