Step by step recipe of chicken corn soup with photos of each step.
Nothing, simply nothing can sooth more in winters than a hot bowl of chicken corn soup. The mellow sweetness of corn and the healing touches of chicken stock are unbeatable. When served with few condiments like slims chip, papri or boiled eggs, the Chinese soup gets a desi kick. Store bought soups are loaded with salt and Chinese salt. Homemade version are surely healthy and can me made easily with little an effort.
For best result use cream style sweet corn tin or whole kernel sweetcorn tin to make this soup. If you want to make it with fresh sweet corns, then boil corn first until tender then add to soup along with corn stock.
If you like soup you might like
- Toasted almond soup
- cucumber soup with orange juice
- thick tomato soup (restaurant style)
- coconut corn soup with corn cobs
- Bohra khurdi (white bone soup with mint)
How to make Chicken corn soup
Chicken corn soup
For Chicken stock
- 1/2 chicken breast - with chicken bony parts like necks, wings
- 1.5 liter water
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 4-5 pepper corns
- 1/2 tbsp
For Chicken corn Soup
- 1 tin sweet corn or - 1 cup ( whole or cream style)
- ¾ cup corn flour or more if required
- 1 cup water
- ½ chicken cube or ½ tablespoon chicken powder
- 2 eggs, - lightly beaten
- salt to taste
- 2-3 green chilies, - thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 5 teaspoon vinegar
- pepper to taste
- 3 small bowls
- slims chips packet
- hard boiled eggs, - sliced
- Ginger Julienne slices
Making chicken stock
- Add all ingredient of chicken stock in a large pot and cook for 1 hour on medium low flame. Or pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- While stock is getting ready. Take green chilies in a small bowl and add 3 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Take red chili powder in small bowl and add 2 tbsp of vinegar. Fill the third bowl with soy sauce. Condiments are ready set aside with salt and pepper bottles.
- Open a tin of corn and blend the corns with the water by only 2-3 pulses.Set aside. Do not make a paste, we want a gritty mixture.( This step is not required if using cream style corn tin)
- Mix cornflour with water and set aside.
- When the chicken stock is ready. Strain the soup.
- Separate bone from meat and shred the meat lightly with fork.
- Heat chicken stock on medium heat and add half of shredded chicken, blended corns, chicken cubes or powder.
- Add more 2-3 cup water if you want to make more soup.
- Bring soup to boil and add cornflour mixture with constant stirring. (Add half cornflour mixture first and bring to boil and check consistency. Add more cornflour mixture if required).
- Now pour eggs in a thin stream while constantly stirring the soup. Make sure the soup is very hot.
- Adjust salt and serve hot with condiments and accompaniments. Also add remaining half of shredded chicken on individual servings.