Just looking at these Glazed Healthy Chicken Roll is so tempting and satisfying. I made these for a friend's gathering and it was a crowd-pleaser. Amusingly, it was my guests who told me that this recipe needs to be on the blog. I tried this recipe originally was with beef steak (premium cut or undercut). But since that cut is not available easily to many, I'm posting this recipe with chicken.
This is healthy chicken roll ups recipe too since we are not using any cheese or cream. We are also not frying it, and these vegetables in each bites gives you your doze of vitamin and antioxidants.
The glaze gives the finishing touches to the healthy chicken roll up. Not only it enhances the appeal of dish, I also add to the flavor.
Tips for Other variation:
- You can try this with beef as well. Try to use Undercut or (AKA as bacon cut). If using any other cut, you'll need to marinate the beef strip for at least two hours. Add any commercial meat tenderer or shredded raw papaya along with other ingredients of marination.
- You can also use other vegetables like zucchini or red and yellow bell peppers.
- If you wish to cook it on a stovetop instead of the oven, stir fry on a pan for few minutes until cooked, about 15 minutes. Personally, I feel these taste better when baked.
- I have suggested a simple sauce but this will taste great with garlic yogurt sauce too if you wish to avoid mayonnaise in the sauce.
Video Tutorial of Glazed Chicken Roll Up Recipe
Hungry for more? Check these!
Tried any recipes? I'd LOVE to hear about it in the comments. Took a photo? Tag us @recipe52 and use the hashtag #loverecipe52. Your 5-star ratings and comments motivate me to do my best.
Glazed Chicken Roll ups Recipe
For Chicken Strips
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in thin and wide strips
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard sauce
- ½-¾ tablespoon red chilli powder, less or more to taste
- ½ tablespoon garlic paste
- ½ tablespoon chicken powder
- ½ tablespoon soya sauce
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ tablespoon chopped garlic
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon soya sauce
- 2 tablespoon lemon
- 2 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1-2 carrot, cut in julienne
- 1 large capsicum, cut in julienne
- 1 stalk green onion, cut lengthwise
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Butter to brush roll ups
- Dried oregano to garnish
For chicken strip
- First slice chicken breast into strips.
- Mix all the ingredient for chicken strip and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry onion and garlic until soft.
- Add soya sauce, lemon juice and barbecue sauce, mix well.
- Stir in carrot and fry for 10 second. Next add capsicum and fry for 5 second. Finally, turn of heat, and add green onion. Mix well to coat the sauce evenly on veggies.
- In same pan add water, soya sauce and sugar. Bring it to boil and cook until slightly thickened.
- Place veggies on the chicken strip and roll. Secure ends with a toothpick. Repeat with all strip.
- Transfer chicken roll up on a baking sheet. Brush each roll up first with butter then with glaze.
- Bake at 350 C for 10 minutes. Cover and rest for 5 minutes then serve with suggested sauce.
- Make a sauce by mixing ¼ cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoon ketchup and ½ teaspoon chilli flakes.