Chicken salad sandwich recipe with photos and video tutorial. I have packed these sandwiches for years and years in many tea parties, brunches picnics, and journeys. In fact, all my picnic buddies have tasted these sandwiches at least once.
And these sandwiches are a crowd-pleaser, I tell you. Just freeze them and they can make delicious frozen sandwiches that would last fresh up to 36 hours on travel in an icebox or near Air Conditioner.
And these chicken salad sandwiches are far better than store-bought. Apart from that, these are great for school lunch boxes, or tea parties and kids really love them.
The crunch of vegetables, the aroma of cilantro,o and the spice of chili slices midst of sweet and sour juices will make you want more and more.
How to make it?
Mix chicken with green chili, ginger-garlic paste, and salt. Transfer to a pot, add water, and cook chicken for 20 minutes on medium-low flame until chicken is tender and water dries.
When chicken is ready, let it cool and then shred it and set it aside.
While the chicken cooks, chop the vegetables and set them aside.
Then, mix all the sauce ingredients in a large bowl.
Add shredded chicken.
Add egg and cheese. The chicken sauce is ready.
You can mix all vegetables together if you want to make all sandwiches right away. Or mix little spread chicken spread with vegetables and make a small batch of sandwiches.
For travel and picnics.
If making for travel or picnic or for a day ahead preparations. You can prepare a sandwich at home. Or you can take spread and make a sandwich there. For that keep all spread in a container as in the above photo.
And put all vegetables on top of it. Pack it like that and mix it just before making a sandwich on the picnic spot.
My other tea party recipes are
If you try this recipe, I'd LOVE to hear your feedback in the comments. Your 5-ratings motivate me to do my best. Stay connected for more recipes and videos on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Youtube.
Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 300 gram chicken, boneless, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon green chili paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon water
- ½ cup tomato ketchup
- ½ cup chili garlic sauce
- 2 cup mayonnaise, or greek yogurt for healthy version
- ½ tablespoon garlic paste
- ½ tablespoon mustard sauce
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoon fresh corriander, chopped
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded( optional)
- 1 hard- boiled egg
- ½ cup cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup carrot, shredded
- ¼ cup capsicum, chopped finely
- ½ cup cabbage, shredded
- 24 bread slices
- In a pot mix chicken, water, green chill paste, ginger garlic paste and salt. Cook for 20 minutes until tender. Dry all water by heating on high flame with constant stirring.
- Shred the chicken in chopper or with hands and set aside.
Prepare Chicken Sauce
- While chicken cooks, prepare sauce by mixing the sauce ingredients together.
- Next mix chicken and sauce together, this mix stays well in fridge for a week.
Assembling for Sandwich
- First mix all vegetable in a bowl.
- To make a few sandwiches, mix some chicken spread and vegetables in equal quantity. Spread a thick layer on a bread slice. Add salad leaf and serve cold.
- You can mix all vegetable with chicken sauce right away if planning to use all spread within two hours. (After mixing vegetable, the vegetables release water and spread turns runny and losses spreadibility, so mixing vegetable before serving works best).
Lubna Mushtaq says
Amazing , lv juicy sandwiches
Will try soon!
Mariam Sodawater says
Thanks for the comment. Do try and share feedback.:)
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. May Allah bless you for all your efforts 🙂
Recipe 52 says
Hi, thanks for the amazing recipe..
I want to make these sandwiches a night before our picnic. So what to do to make sure the vegetables would not release water while they are in fridge and the sandwitches would taste fresh the next day.
Recipe 52 says
Hi thanks a lot.
Make sandwiches and store in fridge. Any water released by veggie will be soaked by bread. You can pack each sandwich in cling wrap and they’ll be fresh. So no need to worry, I’ve tried many times.
If incase you plan to take sandwich spread and bread with you and make sandwich on picnic spot. (That’s when spread can turn runny.) Then pour sauce in your container and top with vegetables. DO NOT MIX. Mix on the spot and make sandwiches.
Enjoy your picnic.
I love sandwiches.. and this is awesome...?
Recipe 52 says
Thanks, keep coming. ?
I added some slivered almonds, and when I seasoned the chicken, I seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
Mariya Halai says
Amazing ..loving the recipes..It will really help me in my in laws:p
Thanks a lot ?, I've ignored my blog due Ramadan. But such comments are great motivation to continue. ??