Chicken salad sandwich recipe with photos and Video tutorial.
I have packed these sandwiches for years and years in many tea parties, brunches picnics and journeys. In fact, all my picnic buddies have tasted these sandwiches at least once. And these sandwiches are crowd pleaser, I tell you. Just freeze them and they can make delicious frozen sandwiches that would last fresh up to 36 hours on travel in ice box or near Air Conditioner. And these chicken salad sandwich are far better than store-bought. Apart from that, these are great for school lunch box, or tea party and kids really love it.
The crunch of vegetable, the aroma of cilantro and the spice of chili slices midst of sweet and sour juices will make you wanting more and more.
My other tea party recipes are
How to make Chicken Salad Sandwich
Chicken Salad Sandwiches For Tea Party, Picnic or Brunch
- 300 gram chicken – boneless, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon green chili paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup chili garlic sauce
- 2 cup mayonnaise – or greek yogurt for healthy version
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoon fresh corriander – chopped
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers – chopped
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese – shredded( optional)
- 1 hard- boiled egg
- 1/2 cup cucumber – chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot – shredded
- 1/4 cup capsicum – chopped finely
- 1/2 cup cabbage – shredded
- 24 bread slices
- In a pot mix chicken, water, green chill paste, ginger garlic paste and salt. Cook for 20 minutes until tender. Dry all water by heating on high flame with constant stirring.
- Shred the chicken in chopper or with hands and set aside.
Prepare Chicken Sauce
- While chicken cooks, prepare sauce by mixing the sauce ingredients together.
- Next mix chicken and sauce together, this mix stays well in fridge for a week.
Assembling for Sandwich
- First mix all vegetable in a bowl.
- To make a few sandwiches, mix some chicken spread and vegetables in equal quantity. Spread a thick layer on a bread slice. Add salad leaf and serve cold.
- You can mix all vegetable with chicken sauce right away if planning to use all spread within two hours. (After mixing vegetable, the vegetables release water and spread turns runny and losses spreadibility, so mixing vegetable before serving works best).