Step by step chocolate chip M & m cookies recipe.
The recipe is adaptation of double chocolate chip cookies. I made these for sons and their friends. The kids just loved it.
These are thick, dense cookies, chewy on outside and soft on inside. It taste just like what the name calls. A double chocolate sweet and slightly bitter treat. I usually bake these around evening when kids and hubby is home. And these hot cookies are irresistible treat. Go ahead make these, you won’t regret, I promise. Just be careful don’t over-cook these, rest of the recipe is simple.
Baking cookies can be overwhelming to many but actually it’s fun and there is so much to learn and experiment. A very little change in ingredient, proportion, temperature, shape, cooking time can alter the results. This makes baking cookies so interesting and fun. When I started baking cookies, my every batch would be different and then I would keep experimenting. That’s why I feel making cookies is addictive.
If you are new cookie baking,
How to make Chocolate Chip M & m Cookies Recipe
Chocolat Chip M & m Cookies Recipe
- 1⅛ cup butter - at room temperature
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 large eggs - at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup cocoa powder - sifted
- 2 cup flour - sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cups chocolate chip
- 1 cup M & ms
- ½ cup M & ms - chocolate
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk butter and sugar together with a hand mixer until creamy and fluffy.
- One by one add two egg, vanilla essence and salt.
- Now, mix in cocoa powder, flour and baking powder.
- Finally, add chocolate chip and m & m. Make sure chips are evenly divided in the dough.
- Scoop out 1½ tablespoon dough balls and set on large tray. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Pre- heat oven at 355 F. Bake cookies in 3 batches, baking a dozen cookies at a time.
- Set cookies dough balls on baking sheets two inches apart. Bake on middle rack for 8-10 minutes until set. (Rotate tray if needed for even baking.)
- While cookies still warm sprinkle few M & ms on each cookie.
- Transfer to a wire rack. Let the cookies cool completely then store in an airtight jar to keep them fresh.