This is a delightful coconut balls recipe is treat for coconut and chocolate lovers. Only three ingredients are required that is coconut, condensed milk and chocolate. The recipe is so simple, you just can't do it wrong. This soft and goey coconut center covered with chocolate is a must try for bounty chocolate balls fans.
You can try my other recipes
- Cocoa truffles (brigadeiro)
- Oreo Condensed Milk balls
- Date Roll Recipe
- Brownie balls dipped in chocolate
How to make Coconut Balls ?
Coconut Balls Recipe
- 2 cup desiccated coconut, loosely packed
- 1 cup condensed milk recipe, or less
- 1 cup bitter sweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ tablespoon milk , to thin chocolate
- Mix ½ cup condensed milk and desiccated coconut in a large bowl. Now add remaining condensed milk little by little as needed to bring coconut together.
- Grease hands and form small balls. Place the balls on a greased tray and freeze them for 2 hours.
- Take chocolate in bowl. Melt it in the microwave with the interval of 10 sec and with stirring in between. If required, add milk to thin chocolate.
- Dip each coconut ball in melted chocolate with the help fork and place on the greased tray again.
- Freeze for 30 minutes. When chocolate is dry roll in cocoa powder (optional). Serve chilled.
Step by step coconut truffles with photos.
Take coconut in a bowl.
Add condensed milk,( I used homemade one, check recipe here)
Mix condensed milk little by little until you have a dough like lump.
Take small portion in hand.
Press to tighten.
Shape into a small ball.
Repeat to make 28 balls.
Freeze for 2 hours.
Melt 1 cup chocolate in microwave oven with interval of 10 seconds and stirring in between.
Cover each ball in chocolate.
Truffles are ready , if you don't like goey top, you can roll each ball in cocoa powder.
- You can always use chocolate chip instead of chocolate bar to coat the balls.
- You can also shape them into bars to make chocolate bounty bars.