Step by step easy shredded coconut delight dessert recipe with pineapples and photo of each step.
This is a convenient easy dessert. I have made it with freshly shredded coconut as well as desiccated coconut. Both taste yummy.
Ok, I got this recipe from my friend who often makes it on short notice. This is super quick, if using desiccated coconut. My friend would not add gelatin in this recipe and let it be a little runny while the taste remains same. So, the original recipe is quick and doesn’t call for gelatin. I feel a dessert should set well. So, I have added gelatin, you may skip it if you’re in hurry and don’t like gelatin.
You can learn more about how to use Gelatin here.
My kids didn’t like this dessert much as they don’t like coconut so don’t make it for someone who is not a fan of coconut.But you can read more about benefits of coconut here.
My other dessert recipe
How to make Coconut delight dessert recipe?
Coconut delight dessert recipe
- 1 tin (450 grams) fruit cocktail - (fruit and juice separated)
- 2 tablespoon gelatin powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut - or ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tin (400 grams) sweetened condensed milk
- 200 ml cream - (tetra pack)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Few drops vanilla essence
- 25 gram milk chocolate
- Separates the liquid and fruit chunks of cocktail. Spread the fruit in a 1½ litre dish and refrigerate.
To Bloom Gelatin
- In a hot water bath, place a bowl with gelatin.
- Heat the cocktail liquid until warm and pour over gelatin in hot water bath. Mix at regular intervals until gelatin crystals dissolve completely.
- In a large bowl mix condensed milk, cream, desiccated or shredded coconut, lemon juice and vanilla essence until combined. Now, mix in bloomed gelatin. Pour this mixture evenly over the fruit in dish.
- Set in fridge overnight or freezer for 2 hour to set. Garnish with a layer shredded milk chocolate on top. Serve chilled.