Step by step Corn Pasta Cucumber Salad recipe in French dressing with photos of each step.
I had this salad first time at my friend 1 dish party. Then obviously, I took this recipe from that friend, Alifya. She had this 'Andaza recipe' (visual estimation) and I give this recipe a more accurate touch.
This is a sweet and sour salad, the cucumber provides the crunch and French dressing brings out all flavors. This salad is great to serve with high-protein food like chicken, steak, or seafood.
Ideally, do not serve this salad with high-carb food like burgers, rice, or something similar. The taste is yum, it is very easy to make, and if has always been a hit. I can't recommend it any more.
How to make it?
Boil pasta as per instructions on the packet with salt.
Drain water and coat pasta with a thin layer of oil. Set aside.
Put all the ingredients of French dressing in the blender.
Blend until smooth.
Mix pasta, cucumber, corn and french dressing in a large bowl.
Hungry for more salad? Check these
If you try this recipe, I'd LOVE to hear your feedback in the comments. Your 5-ratings motivate me to do my best. Stay connected for more recipes and videos on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Youtube.
Corn Pasta Salad
- 2½ cup raw penne pasta, (or macaroni)
- 4 cup cucumber, cubbed
- 1 can corn, (juices drained)
For French dressing
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard sauce
- 2 tablespoon sugar, or more
- 4 tablespoon vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 green chillies
- 1 medium onion, cut in 8 pieces
- Boil pasta with salt as per instruction on the packet, drain water and cover pasta with thin layer of oil. Set aside.
- Place all in ingredients of French dressing in bowl. Blend until smooth.
- In large bowl, mix pasta, cucumber, corn and French dressing throughly until just combined.
- Serve cold.