Step-by-step recipe of cucumber soup hot recipe with photos of each step.
The aroma of tangy orange juice mingled with buttery cucumber will fill your house. To make sour cucumber soup with this never failing recipe, just boil and blend fresh cucumber and add all ingredients.
The combo of cucumber, corn butter and orange juice infuses amazingly. You'll love the vibrant color, and tangy aroma infused with sweet and sour flavors. The soup is really thin and light which makes it a good choice if serving in summers.
Plus, this tasty soup is kids-friendly for its juicy flavor and cucumber soup hot is a delight for picky eaters.
Whenever I make this soup for my guests, they keep asking about the ingredients because the taste and color of this cucumber soup is so unusual. My naughty self would keep them guessing. But today, I'm letting the secret out. I got this recipe from my aunt.
I have made this soup a number of times but always with nestle orange juice, so make sure you use packed 100% orange juice that's not a very sweet. Fresh juice doesn't give very good taste but if you use fresh orange juice than take sour oranges and also add a little sugar.
How to make it?
The key ingredient in this recipe is Nestle orange juice which gives a unique sweet and sour punch to cucumber's mellow flavor.
We start with fresh green cucumbers, peel off the skin and chop them in chunks. Boil it with a cup of chicken stock. Cover the lid.
Once the cucumbers are soft and cooked blend them and add remaining chicken stock and water.
Add all remaining ingredients, chicken powder, orange juice, sweet corns, butter, salt and pepper. Simmer soup for few minutes and soup is ready.
If you like soup you might like
If you try this recipe, I'd LOVE to hear your feedback in the comments. Your 5-ratings motivate me to do my best. Stay connected for more recipes and videos on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Youtube.
Cucumber Orange Soup
- ½ kg or 4 large cucumbers
- 4 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon chicken powder or 1 chicken cube
- 400 ml or 1½ cup Nestle orange juice, or 100% pure packed orange juice
- 2 cups water, or as required
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tin Sweet corn
- salt and pepper , to taste
- Wash and peel the cucumber and chop them in chunk.
- Boil cucumbers with 1 cup stock on medium heat for 10 minutes un till soft with lid covered.
- When cucumbers are soft, blend them and add remaining chicken stock and water.
- Add all remaining ingredients, like chicken powder, salt , pepper, orange juice and sweet corns. Cooks for 8 minutes. Adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.