Last updated: 22/nov/2019
Step by step soft Double chocolate chip cookies recipe with photo of each step. Hey there! I’m super excited to share this treat and these cookies are so yummy and so easy to make.
Taste of this soft Double Chocolate Chip Cookies:
These are thick, dense cookies, chewy on outside and soft on inside.It taste just like what the name calls. A double chocolate sweet and slightly bitter treat. I usually bake these around evening when kids and hubby is home. And these hot cookies are irresistible treat. Go ahead make these, you won’t regret, I promise. Just be careful don’t over-cook these, rest of the recipe is simple.
This is my first cookie recipe on blog so I’m sharing all cookie baking secrets that I know. Hope these help starter in journey.
Tips to soft double chocolate cookie recipe:
Baking cookies is addictive
Baking cookies can be overwhelming to many but actually it’s fun and there is so much to learn and experiment. A very little change in ingredient, proportion, temperature, shape, cooking time can alter the results. This makes baking cookies so interesting and fun. When I started baking cookies, my every batch would be different and then I would keep experimenting. That’s why I feel making cookies is addictive.
Measure flour carefully
Fill the measuring cup with the help of spoon. Do not dig in flour tub and fill the whole cup in one go. This will over pack the cup and you’ll end up using extra flour that can make your cookies dense. Even 1 extra tablespoon of flour matters when baking cookies.
If you like soft chewy cookies. Freeze the dough for 30-60 minutes. This will allow the outside of cookie to bake quickly while inside will be still soft. Secondly, cold dough will not spread quickly making cookie thick.
Shape dough into cookie sized balls and freezing it for 24 hour is another great way to intensify all flavors in cookie.
I personally prefer baking only half of my batch and freezing remaining in balls. This way, I don’t end eating too many cookies. And this also gives me oven fresh cookies, without any effort when craving strikes.
Cookies are baked at 355 F, one sheet at a time and around 8-16 (depending on size) cookie on each baking tray with cookie batter scooped 2 inches apart.
Timing is really important. Usually, we bake cookies for 8-9 minute until set for soft cookies. For chewy edges leave the cookie on hot baking sheet for extra 5 minute after taking out of oven. This will make them chewy.
How to make soft double chocolate chip cookie recipe?
If you try this recipe or any other recipe from my site, please share on social media with #loveRecipe52 or tag us on Facebook and Instagram @recipe52.
Soft Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1⅛ cup butter – ,at room temperature
- 1¾ cups icing sugar
- 2 large eggs – ,at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup cocoa powder – ,sifted
- 2 cup flour – ,sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1¾ cups chocolate chips – , semi sweet
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk butter and sugar together with a hand mixer until creamy and fluffy.
- One by one add two egg, vanilla essence and salt.
- Now, mix in cocoa powder, flour and baking powder.
- Finally, add chocolate chip and make sure chips are evenly divided in the dough.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoon dough balls and set on large tray. Freeze for 30 minutes at least. (You can freeze these ball for longer too, store them in zip lock bag after they turn hard.)
- Pre- heat oven at 350 F. Bake cookies in 3 batches, baking a 8 cookies at a time.
- Set cookies dough balls on baking sheets two inches apart. Bake on middle rack for 8-10 minutes until set and the top is not glossy. (Rotate tray if needed for even baking.)
- Let the cookies rest on baking tray for 5 minutes so they firm up and get crispy on edges. Then transfer to a wire rack. Let the cookies cool completely then store in an airtight jar (with a slice of bread) to keep them fresh.
Step by step Soft Double Chocolate chip cookie recipe
Take butter and sugar in a bowl and whisk them until creamy.
Add eggs one by one. ( I added together for a quick photo.)
Add vanilla essence and salt. (Skip salt is using lightly salted butter.)
Next sift flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
Sifted cocoa powder, baking powder and flour in the bowl.
Add chocolate chip. Mix well. (If needed, freeze for 20 minutes to chill dough for easy scooping.)
Roll 1½ tablespoon dough balls and press the top for a cookies shape and place on baking sheet. Freeze all balls for 30 minutes at least then bake in batches. (You can bake directly, for thin cookies.)
Bake at 355 F for 8-9 minutes.
When cookies are set transfer to wire rack.
Let the cookies cool completely before transferring to air tight jars.
Pin this image for later reference!
Like, Comment, Subscribe to let us know your opinion and request. We are working everyday to bring best taste with easiest recipe.
Hungry for more cookies?