Step by step dried dates balls recipe with photos of each step.
Dried Dates, Chuara (Urdu), Kharak (Gujrati) is served to guest on Eid ul Fitr as a welcome sweet in Bohra tradition.
I like these dried date balls better than plain dried dates but not better than this cooked dried dates with khoya filling. Every year, we make this khoya filled Dried date and our guests love it.
That’s why I was kind of reluctant in posting this dried date balls recipe. But, since khoya filled dried date is too much works for some, these balls are easy to make and a quick grab around Eid to entertain guest when everyone’s so busy.
The texture of these balls is like chewing minced coconut and taste is good. This year, I made both dried date balls and khoya filled dried dates and both were all gone in 2-3 days.
I leave it to readers what they prefer, I’ll prefer khoya filled Kharak over these, but these are easy to make for sure as they have no cooking. The only tip is to soak dates very well so they are puffed like balloon and also grind them finely.
Other similar recipes
Dried dates balls recipe
Dried date balls Recipe
- 250 grams dried dates - ,chuara
- rose water - to soak dates
- 500 gram sweetened khoya - (meetha khoya, kalakand)
- 4 tablespoon cocoa powder - ,optional
- 4 tablespoon powdered sugar - or to taste
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut - ,to coat
- Wash dried dates throughly. Take dates and rose water in a pot and bring water to boil. As soon as water boils remove from heat and set aside in cool place overnight to soak.
- Next day, discard the water and grind day finely in food processor. Mix khoya, cocoa powder (if using) and sugar in grounded dates. (Grind again if required for fine dough like mixture.)
- Make 1 inch balls from the dates. Coat with desiccated and store in airtight box in fridge for 2-3 days or freeze for up-to a month.
Step by step Dried date balls recipe.
Wash dried dates throughly. Bring some diluted rose water to boil. Remove from heat and soak dried dates in overnight.
In the morning, when dates are puffed like balloons. Discard water.
Add sweetened khoya.
Sugar and cocoa powder.
Mix well and grind again if needed.
Dates mixture is ready to roll out balls.
Roll out 1 inch balls and coat with dried/desiccated coconut.
Store in freezer for more that a month or 2-3 in fridge.