Step by step easy Mincemeat Pie Recipe with photos of each step.
I know, I know, I have already shared a Lagan ki Seekh or traditional Bohra mincemeat pie recipe. I’ll tell you the story of this pie.
When my mom saw this old recipe, she clearly remarked that authentic Lagan ki Seekh has potatoes in it and no bread. You add bread in mince cutlets and not in Lagan ki seekh. So, since that day, I had to try her version.
A friend had asked me to bake old style Bohra mincemeat pie for him. So, I called my mom and asked her the recipe and emphasized, that I want to know how Granny (Dadi) made it. So that’s my Dadi’s recipe.
What it tastes like?
This Lagan ki Seekh set better than other recipe with no liquid. It bakes quickly as well and it is comparatively more soft.
Like always, I stuck to homemade spices but if you like spicy food than you may add a tablespoon of Seekh kabab masala to it, here’s a recipe of homemade masala but store-bought is also fine. After doing a taste test with a small patties in pan , you can decide what spices or spice mix you wish to add or you may stick to this original version.
I know, you’d be asking can we use pre-fried onions and boiled potatoes so we can skip the frying part. Yes! That’s fine too. But, I recommended fried potatoes.
Other mincemeat recipes.
How to make Easy Mincemeat Pie Recipe (Lagan ki seekh 2)?
Easy Mincemeat pie recipe
- 500 grams meatmince - mutton or beef
- Oil - to fry
- 1 large onion - golden fried or ½ cup fried onions
- 3 potato - peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 tablespoon green chilli paste
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ½ to 1 teaspoon red chilli powder - ,more for eggs
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds - , roasted and grounded
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds - , roasted and grounded
- ½ teaspoon salt - , more for eggs
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter - or ghee
- 3 tablespoon coriander - , chopped
- 5 egg - , divided
- Ketchup or chilli garlic sauce
- Pre-heat oven at 180 C or gas mark 4.
- Deep fry potatoes in wok till golden on medium heat. Absorb excess oil on a kitchen towel, then mash the potatoes and set aside.
- Fry onions in same oil (skip frying if using fried onions) and crushed them in a grinder or with hands. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add mince, mashed potatoes, crushed onion, 1 egg and all ingredients of list 1. Mix well.
- Grease a dish with oil and spread the meatmince in the dish evenly.
- Beat remaining 4 eggs in a bowl and season with a pinch of salt and ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder. Spoon eggs over the mincemeat.
- Now, heat ¼ cup of oil (in which onion and pities were fried) until smoking hot then spoon all over the eggs.
- Bake dish for 25-30 minutes in oven until eggs are cooked. Enjoy with chilli garlic sauce and ketchup.