Step by step Falsa sharbat recipe with photos of each step. This recipe was pending on the blog forever. I made this sherbat quite many times last year but coming to a definite method that is quick and easy took me few attempts and the season of falsa finished. So this time I successfully hooked my best falsa sharbat recipe.
Falsa is rich in minerals, vitamins and anti oxidants. It helps quench your thirst and acts as summer coolant. Does it sound like something you would want in iftar? Yes, I’ve added this to Ramadan drink recipes.
You might need to do a taste test and adjust water measure. Else, it’s a easy peasy recipe.
It took me so many attempts because I was thinking, should I go for cooked sharbat or raw sharbat. Raw has higher nutritional value, so it won. Then, I tried usual strainer to separate seed and juice but it seemed to waste some juice. So I settled for this cheese cloth straining method, but work in two to three batches.
While blending in processor keep in mind, we don’t want to grind the seeds. We just have to give it two to three pulse to separate flesh from seeds, that’s it.
Here are my other ramadan sharbat recipes
How to make Falsa Sharbat Recipe| Falsa juice ?
Falsa sharbat / juice recipe
- 1 kg Falsa
- 2 litre water – , divided
- 1¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon black salt
- Ice – to chill
- More water to dilute as required.
- Wash falsa and grind with 1 liter water in a grinder. Work in batches.
- Strain the juice in a wide weave cloth (cheese cloth) or a coarse strainer.
- Add another ½ liter water in the strained pulp. Mix well and strain again in the cloth to extract remaining juice.
- Mix sugar and black salt to the juice.
- Dilute with ½ litre or more of water and ice.
- Serve chilled.