Step by step recipe of fresh ginger turmeric tea with photos.
Turmeric is an Indian wonder spice with many health benefits. You can check benefits here. This tea is very beneficial. It’s taste is sweet but strong. You’ll like this tea if you have taste for ginger tea. For best results, use fresh turmeric with fresh ginger. But you can make it with ginger and turmeric powder too. Check end of post for step by step fresh turmeric paste recipe with photos and storage tips. Turmeric is best taken with milk , check turmeric latte for recipe.
- Turmeric is blood thinning so it is not good for people taking blood thinning medicines and those who are about to go for any surgery.
- Turmeric tea is best taken in winters and should be avoided in hot weather.
I also make Turmeric t, Ginger tea and chai , Mint/ Pudina chai and tea, Chocolate tea, Kashmiri tea, Cardamom/ Elaichi chai, Kahawa with Saffron/kesar,Spicy Masala chai, doodh patti chai apart from green tea, black tea and simple chai.
More tea recipes
How to make fresh ginger turmeric tea recipe
Fresh Ginger Turmeric Tea
- 2½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon turmeric paste or ¾ teaspoon turmeric powder,
- ½ tablespoon ginger paste or ½ or teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder or 1 inch whole cinnamon
- 1½ tablespoon honey or sugar
- ½ pinch black pepper
- 3-4 drops olive oil - or any other fat
- few drops lemon juice
- Boil water in a skillet.
- Add in ginger, turmeric, cinnamon and pepper.
- Boil for 1-2 minutes until color is orangish.
- Add lemon juice and honey. The color will change to yellow.
- Strain and serve hot.