Fried Potatoes recipe, Arabic Style with photos.
These fries are served as a starter in Lebanon and Yemen. So, I named them Arabic.
These are super easy and yummy fries. We have it as a side with roasted Mutton or with Pulao or mandi.
This can also make yummy starter. What makes it absolute amazing is, it needs just few spices. As we alway keep a bottle of roasted and grounded cumin and corriander powder. I can make these potato fries in a breeze.
I proceeded to fry these potatoes directly as we need just half kg of potato for us. But if you plan to make 1 kg or more fries. I recommend to half boil potatoes chunks and then fry. As it takes some to fry raw potatoes and doing it in many batches will be cumbersome.
I avoided the boiling step as we all need quick snack with least steps. And you can easily make ½ kg fries in two batches while cooking a main course simultaneously.
My other similar recipes ( Both of these are super quick snack.)
How to make fried potatoes?
Fried Potatoes Recipe , Arabic style
- ½ kg potato – ,peeled and cut in cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Oil – to fry
- ½ teaspoon cumin – ,roasted and crushed
- ½ teaspoon coriander – ,roasted and crushed
- ½ tablespoon red chilli flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- Lemon wedges
- Wash, peel and cut potatoes in 1¼ inch chunks.
- Heat oil in a wok with salt. Add potato chunks and fry for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Then fry for another 2-3 minutes on high heat until golden from all sides. (Also prick with a fork to check tenderness.) Work in two batches.
- Dry roast cumin, coriander, red chilli flakes and salt in a pot for few seconds.
- Add fried potatoes and fresh green coriander. Coat throughly with seasoning.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.