Fried Potatoes recipe, Arabic Style with photos.
These fries are served as a starter in Lebanon and Yemen. So, I named them Arabic.
These are super easy and yummy fries. We have it as a side with roasted Mutton or with Pulao or mandi.
This can also make a yummy starter. What makes it absolutely amazing is, it needs just a few spices. As we alway keep a bottle of roasted and grounded cumin and coriander powder. I can make these potato fries in a breeze.
I proceeded to fry these potatoes directly as we need just half a kg of potato for us. But if you plan to make 1 kg or more fries. I recommend half boil potato chunks and then frying. As it takes some to fry raw potatoes and doing it in many batches will be cumbersome.
I avoided the boiling step as we all need a quick snack with the least steps. And you can easily make ½ kg of fries in two batches while cooking the main course simultaneously.
How to make it?
Wash and peel potatoes. Then cut the potatoes into chunks.
Heat oil in a wok.
Add about half the potatoes to the hot oil. Also, add ¼ teaspoon salt.
Fry potatoes on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Then fry for another 2-3 minutes on high heat until golden. (Check tenderness by pricking a fork in one potato chunk.) Then fry the remaining potatoes similarly.
Dry roast red chili flakes, cumin, coriander, and salt in a pan or pot for a few seconds.
Add fried potatoes.
Mix thoroughly. Also, add fresh coriander at this stage and serve.
Hungry for fried food? Check these!
I'd you try this recipe, I'd LOVE to hear your feedback in the comments. Your 5-ratings motivate me to do my best. Stay connected for more recipes and videos on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Youtube.
Easy Fried Potato
- ½ kg potato, ,peeled and cut in cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Oil , to fry
- ½ teaspoon cumin, ,roasted and crushed
- ½ teaspoon coriander, ,roasted and crushed
- ½ tablespoon red chilli flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- Lemon wedges
- Wash, peel and cut potatoes in 1¼ inch chunks.
- Heat oil in a wok with salt. Add potato chunks and fry for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Then fry for another 2-3 minutes on high heat until golden from all sides. (Also prick with a fork to check tenderness.) Work in two batches.
- Dry roast cumin, coriander, red chilli flakes and salt in a pot for few seconds.
- Add fried potatoes and fresh green coriander. Coat throughly with seasoning.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
benazer noor says
VERY TASTY RECIPE Amazing recipe. Really healthy and tasty. A must try for everyone.
Recipe 52 says
Thanks a lot Benazer.