Step by step recipe of fruit salad with grapes and oranges with pictures.
This is a super simple salad that takes some time and patience to make. You can make while chit chatting with sisters or while watching television. Although, many of us hardly watch T.V.
The taste is well-balanced, I used sweet orange (musambi), Sweet and sour orange (kennow) and grapefruit. All together these three citrus give a good balance . I added some sugar too as grapefruit tends to get bitter when kept for long. Addition of black rock salt is a kick in this salad.
Having a bowl of citrus goodness without seeds and skins can please anyone. Only caution, I’ll suggest is, eat it right away as no one can resist a bowl of chilled citrus salads.
You can serve it as a snack to your guest before tea or after meals. If we want to serve this to our guest everyone at home helps cutting. It takes a lot time if you wish make in large amount. And the salad is gone in minutes, I tell you. But when guest are pleased and their faces are lit up; it’s all worth it.
How to make Fruit Salad with grape fruit and oranges
Fruit Salad with orange and grapefruit
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 sweet oranges - like musambi
- 2 sour oranges - like kennow
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon black salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Score the grapefruit and remove the skin. Pull grapefruit apart into two halves. Start removing pulp from first segment of half by placing a slit in the segment. Then open the segment like a book. Remove the pulp by sliding a knife. Then move to next segment. Remove the pulp of whole grape fruit in this manner.
- Similarly remove the pulp of sweet and sour oranges. Collect all pulp in a large bowl.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Sprinkle black salt and pepper before serving. Serve chilled!
Step by Step recipe of fruit salad with grape fruit and orange
Make a star-shaped slit on top of grape fruit.
Remove the skin.
Remove white skins.
Pull apart grapefruit in to two halves.
Place slits into each section of the half.
Open each segment..
Remove pulp with help of knife. The move to next segment.
Collect all pulp in a bowl.
Remove skin of oranges in same way.
Similarly remove pulp of sweet orange like musambi.
Then remove pulp of sour orange like kennow.
Add sugar but this is optional.
Sprinkle black salt and pepper before serving.
How do you make your citrus salad? Share in comments.