This post may contain affiliate links.
A quick recipe of ginger lemonade drink that is tasty and also has amazing health benefits. This is a quick and healthy ginger lemonade recipe with raw ginger and no cooking and no sugar.
I can't think of any drink that is so easy to make and so packed with antioxidants. Here are very few benefits of ginger lemonade.
- Ginger is great to treat fatigue, headache, cold, and indigestion.
- It also burns fats and helps weight loss. And when you pair it with lemon, honey, black salt, and roasted cumin. It is both refreshing and good for health.
- Ginger and lemon both are rich in oxidants and help overall immunity.
- Ginger lemonade is particularly great after heavy meals as it helps digestion, fights nausea, and makes you feel good.
- This recipe uses natural sugar like honey and jaggery which makes it healthy. Find more benefits of ginger here!
How to make it?
Let your judgment guide you in making this drink. As last taste test is always a crucial step in all homemade drinks.
- Put ginger and water in a blender to blend into a smooth liquid.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add black salt and roasted ground cumin powder.
- Filter the liquid with a strainer and serve with ice cubes.
- Alternately, you can also use half water in blending and add half club soda just before serving to give this drink a further kick.
While many suggest making detox with soaked Lemon and ginger. I strongly feel lemon slices when soaked in water make the drink bitter and unpleasant. So this ginger lemonade is great to enjoy all benefits without tasting bad.
To reduce calories use less honey and balance it with rock salt that also boasts the taste.
- Both black salt and toasted cumin mellow the spice of ginger and the tartness of lemon. So all ingredients in this drink complement each other for great taste.
- In fact, you can cut water and add soda to ginger lemon drink to make a fizzy soft drink for guests which will help digestion after a formally heavy dinner.
If you try this recipe, I'd LOVE to hear your feedback in the comments. Most 5-ratings motivate me to do my best. Stay connected for more recipes and videos on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Youtube.
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon honey , or jaggery or maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon black salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin , perferrably roasted grounded
- few ice cubes, to chill
- Mix all ingredients blender except ice cubes and blender for a minute.
- Filter liquid through a strainer and serve chilled with ice cubes.