That's a super healthy, chewy and easy granola bar recipe, that i'm sharing today. And you know what these granola bars have jaggery in it. Yes! one more thing they have a crispy crunch in it. And what more....they are no bake goodies. I know, you'll love this recipe.
This granola bar has no added processed sugar. It relies on natural sweetness of dates, jaggery and honey.
What is granola bar?
Granola bar is high energy breakfast snack. It can also be used as a post workout snack. Granola bar is basically made up of oats, nuts and a sweetener. Since, oats are slow energy releasing carbohydrates. They keep you full for longer duration that other carbohydrates. This makes granola very healthy compared to other snacks like chips and biscuits.
Always prefer homemade granola bar over store bought. As store both are laden with additives and sugars while homemade is fresh and laden with nutritional ingredients.
In this recipe honey is the liquid sugar that helps combine all ingredients and helps giving it shape of bars. If you want less sugar, you can skip honey in the recipe. But, you'll have loose granola that you can enjoy with a spoon and bar wouldn't form. It will still taste great.
Like. I always say, play around with this recipe and make it your own delight. 🙂 I used all nuts and seeds that are easily available to everyone. But you can switch things to your taste.
- You can switch sesame seeds for flax seeds or pumpkin seeds.
- You can switch almonds for mixed nuts or any nuts of your choice like walnuts, cashew, pistachio, pine or hazel nuts..
- You can also switch jaggery for brown sugar.
- You can substitute raisin for dried cherries, cranberries or apricots.
- You can also substitute honey for maple syrup.
- You may reduce honey to ¼ cup if you like it less sweet.
My other similar recipes
How to make Granola Bar Recipe
Granola Bar Recipe
- 2 cup quick cooking oats
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoon butter or ghee
- ½ cup jaggery or brown sugar, lightly packed
- 7 majdool dates, deseeded and chopped (good quality)
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ⅓ cup honey
- In a pan, dry roast oats for 2-3 minutes on medium heat until toasted. Then add almonds, sesame seeds and coconut. Cook for another 1-2 minutes on low heat and stir constantly. Transfer oats to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt jaggery with butter on medium heat. Then add dates, raisin and vanilla essence. Mix well and immediately add oats.
- Remove from heat and add honey. Mix everything throughly.
- Spread the granola mixture on a tray lined with butter paper. Press together with the help of a rolling pin.
- Keep in fridge for 1 hour until chilled. then cut into bars with a sharp knife. Store in an airtight jar.
You can add any nuts of your choice like walnuts, cashew, pistachio, pine or hazel nuts.
You can substitute raisin for dried cherries, cranberries or apricots.
You can substitute sesame seeds for flax seed or pumpkin seed.
You can also substitute honey for maple syrup.
Tried any recipes? I'd LOVE to hear about it in the comments. Your 5-star ratings and comments motivate me to do my best.