A step by step recipe recipe of Kashmiri red chilli chicken curry recipe with photos of each step.
A vibrant red colored chicken with gravy that can be eaten with rice or roti(bread). Kashmiri mirch, the key ingredients gives it a distinct aroma and color while raisins gives it mildly natural sweet flavor. So the taste sweet and spicy but still it is not like sweetness of sugar. It is very easy 30 minutes chicken recipe with no cutting. I have tried and shared this recipe many times.
This recipe call for a special ingredient Kashmiri lal mirch or /Kashmiri red chili which are big, long chilies that gives bright red color to the recipe and has mildly spicy taste. If you have difficulty finding it look in an Indian store or check how to substitute Kashmiri red chilles.
Recipe of Kashmiri lal mirch or Kashmiri red chilli chicken curry.
- 500 gram chicken pieces
- 4 to 5 Kashmiri red chilies - medium size
- ¼ cup raisin - (kishmish)
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon cumin - (zeera)
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup yogurt - (dahi)
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds - (kali rai)
- ½ teaspoon black seeds - (kalonji)
- 2 twigs curry leaves - (karri patta)
- 3-4 round red chilies - (sabut gol mirch)
- Wash and soak raisins and kashmiri lal mirch a night ahead. (see notes if in a hurry)
- Blend Kashmiri red chilli with garlic, cumin and raisins in mixer to form a very smooth paste.
- In a pot, fry the paste in 3 tablespoons oil for 2 minutes and add the chicken with yogurt. Cover it.
- Cook till the chicken is tender and you have desired consistency of gravy.
- For tempering, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and add curry leaves, cumin, kalonji and round red chilies, cook for 1 minute while stirring. Add on top of chicken and cover. Chicken is ready.
Step by step recipe of Kashmiri lal mirch (Kashmiri red chilli) chicken.
Blend kashmiri mirch, garlic and cumin together. Add raisin and blend pulsing occasionaly to form a smooth paste. This will take some time about 5-7 minutes.
Fry the paste with oil in a pan for 1-2 minutes and add chicken.
Add yogurt, and cook till chicken is tender and you have the desired consistency of gravy.
p style=”text-align: center;”>