Step by step keema hari mirch recipe Pakistani
If you want simple, easy, quick and hearty meal, try this Keema hara masala recipe. The aroma of fresh coriander and the spice of sliced chillies when blended with sweetness of half-cooked onions and served with lemon and yogurt. It’s a unique combination which is great for summer lunch.
This qeema is my kid’s favourite. You can have it with warm rice or chapati and yogurt. It’s such a soul warming humble feast.
This is my mother in law’s recipe. I’m using a more safe method in cooking this. That is, I fry onion and chillies first, set aside and then cook qeema. Since, a little over cooking dissolve the onion slices.
Otherwise, we also add raw sliced onions and chillies in the last and cook it for just few minutes. You can use whatever method that works best for you. You may add less or no potatoes.
My other mutton mince recipes
How to make mutton keema hari mirch recipe Pakistani
Keema hari mirch Recipe Pakistani
- ½ cup oil or more
- 2 medium onions - sliced
- 4 green medium chillies - sliced (remove seeds to make it less spicy.)
- ½ kg mutton mince - or beef mince
- 2 to tomatoes - sliced
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¾ tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ½ tablespoon green chilli paste
- ½ tablespoon roasted and crushed cumin and coriander seeds.
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly crushed black pepper - more to garnish
- 1 big cardamom - splitted
- 1 inch cinnamon - piece
- Salt - to taste
- 3 medium potato - sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander - chopped
- 1 inch ginger - cut in julienne
- crushed black pepper - to taste
- Take oil in a pot, sauté sliced onions, green chillies, a pinch salt and ½ teaspoon cumin for a minute until onions are translucent. With slotted spoon remove onions and chillies from oil and transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- In same pot, add mince, tomato and spices. Cook for 15-20 minutes on medium heat. Add ½ cup water if required. Mince should have little gravy.
- Now, add sliced potatoes and cook for another 7-10 minutes until soft.
- Finally, add fried onion, chillies, coriander and black pepper. Serve with a lemon wedge and whipped yogurt.
Step by step Mutton Keema hari mirch recipe Pakistani
Sauté onion, chillies, cumin and salt in oil for 1 minute.Transfer onion and chillies to a bowl with a slotted spoon. And set aside.
In same pot, add mince, tomatoes and spices. Mix well and cook for 15 minutes until mince is cooked. Add ½ water if required.
We need little gravy in this mince so add ½ water if it is dry.
Add potato slices, mix and cook for another 7-10 minutes until potatoes are soft.
Potatoes are tender.
Mix in sautéed onions and chillies.
That’s what Keema looks like.
Garnish with crushed pepper, ginger and fresh coriander. Mix and cover the pot. Cook for 1 last-minute so all herb aroma settles in the mince. (You can also add half coriander and half mint.)
Serve with lemon wedges and whipped yogurt.