Mango Vermicelli recipe or Sev Amba is a Bohra traditional dessert. It is super simple to make. You just need to make milky Vermicelli or seviyaan like you make on Eid ul Fitr and add lots of mango cubes.
Here, I’m sharing the best version of recipe known to me.
- Keep it rich and creamy.
- Keep it chilled.
- Use best quality mangoes for best taste.
- You may keep the syrup thin or thick that’s up to you.
- You can substitute milk powder with extra 2 cups milk and simmer longer to let syrup thicken.
- I’ve used saffron for personal preference but you can always skip it if you don’t have it in hand.
- Blend flesh of two small mango to make ½ cup pulp. You can also press mango between two palms to soften it and then squeeze it to get pulp out of fruit.
Hope you enjoy this simple mango vermicelli recipe. Also don’t forget to share feedback.
My other similar desserts.
How to make Mango vermicelli?
Mango Vermicelli Recipe
- 2 tablespoon butter or ghee
- ½ cup crushed vermicelli
- 1 litre milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 10-12 strands saffron, optional
- ½ cup milk powder, See notes 1
- ⅓ cup cream
- 3 cups cubbed mangoes, more to garnish
- ½ cup mango pulp, See notes 2
- In a wide pot on low heat, sauté Vermicelli with butter for few minutes until roasted and fragrant. Immediately add milk and stir.
- Next add sugar, saffron and milk powder. Bring the milk to boil and them simmer for 20 minutes until Vermicelli are soft and syrup and thickened.
- Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, add cream, mango pulp and mango cubes. Mix well and keep it fridge to chill.
- Serve chilled.
- Substitute milk powder with two extra cups of milk and simmer 20 minutes longer until thickened.
- Blend flesh of two small mango to make ½ cup pulp. You can also press mango between two palms to soften it and then squeeze it to get pulp.
- This mango Vermicelli stays good in fridge for 2-3 days.