Step by step paya roti recipe with photos.
Paya means ‘trotter’ and roti means ‘flat bread’. Paya roti is a delicious and rustic way of eating Trotter. The tandoori nan is cooked in spiced water and paya are added. You can garnish the mixture with spices and herbs of your choice.
This recipe is also great in utilizing leftover paya. We all are fond of boiled egg so I garnished it with eggs, you can skip eggs if you want. As per thickness of paya gravy decide how much water should be added. Thickness and size of tandoori roti varies, I suggest add less or more roti as required. So some ‘andaza’ cooking will help in this recipe. You can also check my hara masala paya recipe.
How make Paya roti recipe with Leftover paya.
Paya roti recipe
- 4 tandoori naan - medium sized
- 3 cup cooked paya with shorba
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion - medium, sliced (piyaz)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric, - (haldi)
- ½ tablespoon coriander powder, - (dhanya powder)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, - (kali mirch powder)
- ½ teaspoon cumin, - (sabut zeera)
- 2-3 green chilies - medium, sliced (darmiyani mirchein)
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh coriander, - chopped
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-3 boiled eggs - optional
- Break roti into bite size pieces and set aside.
- In a pot take oil and fry onions until golden brown, remove onions and dry excess oil on kitchen towel.
- In same pot add cumin, black pepper, coriander and garlic. Fry to crackle for few seconds.
- Pour in water and paya mix well.
- Now add roti and cook until boiling.
- Adjust salt according to taste and mix in green chili slices and lemon juice.
- Garnish with boiled eggs , fresh coriander and fried onions.