Here's my recipe of deliciously creamy peach ice cream packed with fruity flavors. This No churn Peach ice cream is made with cream, condensed milk, and peach. Those are just 3 main ingredients and it is made without eggs and ice cream maker. What more? It is made with roasted peaches and can be made with frozen peaches too.
The scorching summer heat can drain all your energy and you might want to hate the summer season altogether. But the fact that summer brings a fast variety of sweet mellow fruits which can be used to make drinks, lemonade, shakes, and ice creams too make this season a dream for fruit lovers. Some seasonal fruits like peach last for a very short time and you just can’t have enough of it in the season.
But you can enjoy this peach ice cream throughout the year. In summer fruity ice creams sound like the best dessert that tastes delicious packed with fruity goodness and chill the heat of summer. In winters, you can make this peach ice cream with frozen peaches and enjoy the sweet memories of warm summers.
Tips and Variations
Since peach is the main ingredient Use the best quality fully ripened peaches. Use full-fat whipping cream for an absolutely rich and creamy taste. For more info about peaches here.
Peach cinnamon ice cream: If you like to add some flavors to your ice cream you can add vanilla and/ cinnamon to your peach ice cream.
Can I use Pie filling: Using pie filling in peach ice cream would easiest thing to do as you can skip cooking and peeling altogether. In that case, add 1 cup peach pie filling directly to the whipped cream. But because pie filling has added sugar, you need to use half amount of condensed milk in the ice cream base or adjust condensed to taste. If you like crunchy texture you add any caramel biscuit chunks like lotus Biscoff and make your ice cream taste like peach cobbler ice cream.
Frozen Peaches: Since we are cooking peach for this ice cream. Frozen peaches or fresh peaches will make no difference. Thaw the peaches halfway before throwing them in the pan to cook. The pan will have plenty of water just let the water dry out a bit until thickened.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use pureed peaches directly in the ice cream. But remember, cooking or roasting peaches help burn some of the water from ice cream that can crystallize upon freezing. It also helps bring out the intense peach flavor.
Yes, oven-roasted peaches taste great in peach ice cream. Just mesh or blend peaches before adding to the ice cream base.
Steps to make peach ice cream
Making this no churn peach ice cream is very easy and the pictorial makes it even easier.
For skinning peaches, you can simply peel the peaches with a knife. But blanching is the easiest way if you have a large number of peaches. Here's how to blanch.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add peaches and boil for 1 minute. Then transfer to cold water.
- Now the skin will easily slip off the flesh.
- Deseed the peaches and chop them roughly. Transfer peach to a pot and cook it until soft.
- Mash peaches if you like a pulpy ice cream, or blend it if you want smooth ice cream.
- Keep simmering the puree on low heat until thickened. Remove pan from heat and wait until it stop bubbling. Then make the line with spatula as shown in the photo. If the line stays and doesn't melt, set it aside and let it cool. Transfer puree to a bowl which will let the puree cool quickly.
- Take chilled whipping cream in a large bowl.
- Whip it with a beater until you see stiff peaks. That is when you remove the whisk the cream holds its shape and doesn't melt in smoothness.
- Add cooked peaches, condensed milk, and lemon juice. Mix with the help of a spatula. Do a taste test and add one extra tablespoon of lemon juice if you like it sour.
- At this stage, after mixing you have slightly orange ice cream. If you want richer color, you can add 1-2 drops of orange color, keep stirring until the color is evenly mixed.
- Transfer ice cream to a container, preferably with a lid. I used a brownie pan. Then cover it with butter paper or cling wrap. It should touch the surface of ice cream. This doesn't allow icicles to form on the surface.
- Chill homemade Peach ice cream for at least four hours in the freezer. Remove the ice cream 10 minutes before serving so it is soft set and then scoop into the ice cream cups. Serve immediately, Enjoy!
Hungry For Ice creams? Check these.
Tried any recipes? I'd LOVE to hear about it in the comments. Took a photo? Tag us @recipe52 and use the hashtag #loverecipe52. Your 5-star ratings and comments motivate me to do my best.
Peach Ice Cream, no churn
- 6-7 peaches, ( about 650 grams) peeled, deseeded and cut in chunks
- 2 cup whipping cream, also called heavy cream, double cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 drop orange food color
- Take peach chunks in a pan and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat until soft. Keep stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and mash the peach lightly. (Pro Tip: Skip mashing and blend for smooth peach ice cream.)
- Remove peach puree from the pan and set them aside to cool.
- Take chilled whipping cream in a large bowl. Whip it until you see stiff peaks.
- Add cooked peaches, condensed milk, and lemon juice. Mix with the help of a spatula.
- Add 1-2 drops of orange color, if using. Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer ice cream to a 1.5-liter container. Then cover it with butter paper or cling wrap. It should touch the surface of ice cream.
- Chill for at least four hours in the freezer. Remove the ice cream 10 minutes before serving. Scoop and serve immediately.