Jalapeno is a Spanish name for long, large and less spicy chiles also know as bari hari mirchey in Pakistan. These are used to make chilli pakoras in Pakistan. Pickled jalapenos are a condiment that tastes delicious on their own too. They are used to add spicy and tangy flavor to burgers, sandwiches, pizzas, sauces, salsa, shawarma and more. You can buy them from store but they are very easy to make at home. The homemade version is a lot more tasty, fresh and flavorful compared to soggy store bought version. You can also flavor it with red chilli flakes (kutti lal mirch), cumin(zeera), coriander (dhanya) and oregano.
How to make Pickled Jalapeno Pepper
Recipe time: 10 minutes|Prep time:5 min|Cooking :5 min| Serving: 1 small jar(.5lt)| Recipe type:condiments recipe, diy foods recipe, vegan recipe,vegetarian recipe|Cusine:world
- 8-10Whole jalapeno peppers
- 1 1/2 cup 5% distilled vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt, preferably kosher salt
- 2-3 cloves crushed garlic
- 5-8 black pepper
- Boil water and vinegar in pan, add salt.
- Add thickly sliced jalapeno pepper, cook for 2-3 minutes and cover it.
- Store in dry and clean jar.
- Leave it on kitchen counter for 8 hour and then store in fridge.
- Use clean spoon for serving.
Step by Step Pickled Jalapeno Pepper recipe
Wash the jalapeno, remove stem, and cut into thick slices.
Boil vinegar and water in a pot, add salt.
Add jalapeno/ bari hari michey and cook for 2 minutes.The color will start to change.
Store in a clean dry jar and leave it outside for 8 hour and then store in fridge.