Step by step recipe of Aloo ka Raita recipe|Potato Salad with yogurt. Summers are time when you want to stay away from kitchen. The heat of stove and lengthy cooking hours could be burdensome. On those days Potato yogurt Salad or Aaloo ka raita can make an easy and complete lunch salad.
A thick Potato raita can quench your cravings for Indian chaat too. The ingredients are really simple and this salad can easily be altered to suit your taste. Although, I advice stick to the original version. Kids also love this salad.
This potato salad is called aloo raita (meaning potato and yogurt salad). The salad can be enjoyed as snack and it pair very with Indian/ Pakistani Cuisine like biryani, pulao, lamb curry , Lamb karahi and so on. Hope you like this recipe, please share your comments.
- You can add chickpea or corns to this salad.
- If you like a rich salad, you add a little cream to it.
- Do not add chat masala, the roasted cumin and pepper taste is overpowered by chaat masala flavors.
- If you wish to skip roasting step of pepper and cumin seeds, just add cumin powder and freshly grounded pepper.
Other healthy salad recipes are
How to make Potato salad with yogurt
Potato Salad with yogurt
- 3 medium (500 grams) potato , ,boiled
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Salt , to taste
- 1 medium onion, , chopped
- 2 medium tomato, , chopped
- few stalks coriander, , chopped (dhanya)
- 1 medium green chilli, , chopped (darmiyani hari mirch)
- 1½ cup yogurt
- Peel boiled potatoes and cut them into small chunks.
- Dry roast cumin and pepper in a pan on medium heat until fragrant. Then remove from heat and grind into fine powder.
- Mix all the ingredients and seasoning in a bowl. Your potato yogurt salad is ready to eat.
Step by step recipe of Potato Salad with yogurt
Boil Potato with salt. Poke knife to check tenderness. When knife slips easily in the middle of potato, they are cooked. Drain water and let the potato get cool naturally. Peel skin and cut potato into large chunks.
Roast cumin and pepper in a fry pan for 1-2 minutes on medium heat. Stir until cumin turns darker. Transfer cumin and pepper to a plate. Let cool. Then ground into a fine powder.
Put all ingredient of salad in a bowl and mix well.