Today, I’m sharing delicious shami kabab Recipe. These are soft and taste chatpata just like authentic shami kabab tikki in bun.
You can use dinner roll or bun or Indian pao to make these bun kabab. I don’t know about others but Karachites love there bun kabab as much as Indian love there pao bhaji.
The pleasure and satisfaction of having this Pakistani Street food is beyond words. These pair very well with namkeen lassi (AKA chaas) or limca ( AKA lemo pani).
Other similar recipe
How to make Shami Kabab Recipe?
Shami Kabab Recipe (Street style)
- 500 gram boneless meat – (gosht bagair haddi)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 125 gram or ½ cup split chickpea – (channa ki dal, soaked)
- 125 gram or ½ cup red lentil – (masoor dal)
- 1 potato – ,peeled and cut into large chunk
- ½ cup mint leaves – ,packed
- 8-12 small green chilli
- 1 inch ginger – chopped (Adrak)
- 6 clove garlic – chopped (lahsun)
- 6 round red chili – ,8 if you like spicy
- 5 clove laung
- 1 inch cinnamon – (dal cheeni)
- 1 black cardamom – (bari elaichi)
- 1 tablespoon corriander – (dhanya)
- 1 teaspoon cumin – (sabut zeera)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric – (haldi)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander – (hara dhanya)
- 1 large onion – chopped (piyaz)
- 2 egg – hard boiled (ubla howa anda)
- eggs – to fry
- oil – to fry
- In a pot take all ingredient of preparing kabab and spices. Mix well and cook for 30-40 minutes until meat is tender and daal is soft and mushy.
- Burn all excess water with constant stirring. This step is important, there should be no water in daal.
- Let the mixture cool. Remove cinnamon stick and black cardamom from mixture and discard.
- Then in a chopper make a smooth mixture of dal and meat.
- In a large dish take kabab mixture, fresh coriander, chat masala, 2 boiled egg and onion. Mix well.
- Make disc shaped kabab peti from the mixture.
- Beat remaining three egg with salt and 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder.
- Dip each kabab in egg mixture and fry in shallow oil until golden brown and serve hot.