Step by step cheesy spaghetti balls recipe.
Love spaghetti? How about having your spaghetti covered with crispy bread crumb coating. These turn out very delicious and large balls look very tempting. They are also party favourite- kids, oldies, teenagers everyone loves em. Just serve with a yummy dip like spicy ketchup and lemon wedges.
- If you find working on breading station and double coating cumbersome. I have trick for you too. Just coat spaghetti mixture generously with flour and form a flat thick cutlet instead of ball. Dip in egg and fry directly. Spaghetti cutlet are ready. Yeah!!!!
- If you don’t wish deep fry, make the spaghetti all in shape of cutlet and shallow fry.
- Skip sliced green chillies if wanting the balls to be less spicy for kids.
My other similar recipes:
How to make Cheesy Spaghetti Balls Recipe ?
If you try this recipe or any other recipe from my site, please share on social media with #loveRecipe52 or tag us on Facebook and Instagram @recipe52.
- 300 gram boneless chicken
- 1 tablespoon green chilli paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ½ cup water
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoon flour
- 1 chicken cube or 1 tablespoon chicken powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano powder
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cheese triangle or ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup broken spaghetti (See Notes)
- Water to boil
- Salt as required
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 large stalk green onion finely chopped
- 1 capsicum finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves optional
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 tablespoon red chilli sauce like tobacco sauce
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1½ cup bread crumbs
- Oil to fry
- Take boneless chicken, green chilli paste, ginger garlic paste and water in a pot. Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes until chicken is tender. Dry out any remaining water in pot on high heat.
- Let chicken cool to room temperature, then shred it. Set aside.
- In a thick bottomed pot or pan, heat butter on slow flames add flour, black pepper, oregano powder and chicken cube or powder. Sauté for a minutes then gradually add 1 cup milk with constant stirring. This white sauce will be thicker than regular white sauce. Set aside.
- Simultaneously while making white sauce, boil water with salt in a pot. Add spaghetti and cook as per instructions on packet until al dente or cooked.
- Drain excess water in a colander and transfer spaghetti to white sauce. Also add shredded chicken and cheese. Mix well. (Keep mixture in fridge to chilli while you chop veggies.)
- When white sauce mixture is cool to room temperature add chopped vegetables and red chilli sauce. ( Keep in fridge again to chill until needed chilled mixture is easy to roll.)
- Whisk 2 eggs with salt, 1 tablespoon water and red chilli powder. Set aside.
- Keep a plate ready with flour. Fill ¼ cup of tightly packed spaghetti mixture and pour over flour. Roll in flour and form 12 balls.
- Now roll each ball in egg mixture then bread crumb. Roll again in egg mixture and bread crumbs to form a double coating of bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry on medium high heat by turning 3-4 times until golden.
- Or store in fridge for up to 24 hours and fry as needed.
- Serve hot with spicy tomato ketchup and lemon wedges.
To measure spaghetti: Break a small bunches of spaghetti in 1 inch pieces and collect in a cup to make full cup of broken spaghetti.
Step by step recipe of Cheesy Spaghetti Balls Recipe
In pan take boneless chicken and add ½ cup water, green chilli, ginger and garlic paste. Mix well and cover. Cook for about 20 minutes on medium low heat until water dries.
Dry out any excess water but do not burn spices.
Let the chicken get cool enough to handle then shred it roughly with hands. Set aside.
Make White Sauce
Melt butter in a pan and add flour, chicken cube, black pepper and oregano powder. Sauté for a minutes on slow heat.
Gradually add 1 cup milk with constant stirring to avoid lumps. Adjust heat as required. Let sauce simmer for few seconds until thickened.
White sauce is ready, adjust salt if needed.
Simultaneously, while making sauce boil water in a pot with salt and add broken spaghetti noodles. Cook for 8-10 minute or follow instructions on the packet.
Add spaghetti directly to white sauce and mix so they do not stick.
Add chicken and boiled spaghetti to white sauce and mix.
Also add cream cheese triangles, mix well. Keep the mixture in fridge to cool while you chop veggies. ( You may add cheddar or mozzarella cheese instead. )
Next add vegetables and green chillies.
Mix. ( Keep the mixture again in fridge while you set the breading station, cool mixture in thick and easy to roll.)
Whisk eggs With salt and red chilli powder. Also place little flour on a plate.
To make spaghetti balls, tightly pack a measuring cup (¼ cup size) with spaghetti mixture.
Put the mixture on flour and roll coating generously.
Press each ball lightly with hand to make it tight.
Similarly roll 12- 13 balls. ( See tips in the beginning of post for shallow frying and to avoid bread crumb coating.)
Coat balls with eggs.
Then roll in bread crumbs.
Roll again in egg and bread crumbs to form double coating of bread crumbs. ( Fry immediately or store in fridge for 24 hour and fry as needed.)
Deep fry 4-5 balls at a time in wok on medium high heat until golden. Turn the balls 3-4 times for even frying.
Remove balls from oil on a paper towel.
Pin It, Watsapp, Share! Let everyone know you discovered this amazing recipe. SHARING IS CARING!
Like, Comment, Subscribe to let us know your opinion and request. We are working everyday to bring best taste with easiest recipe.
Pin this image for later reference!