Step by step cheesy spaghetti balls recipe.
Love spaghetti? How about having your spaghetti covered with crispy bread crumb coating. These turn out very delicious and large balls look very tempting. They are also party favourite- kids, oldies, teenagers everyone loves em. Just serve with a yummy dip like spicy ketchup and lemon wedges.
- If you find working on breading station and double coating cumbersome. I have trick for you too. Just coat spaghetti mixture generously with flour and form a flat thick cutlet instead of ball. Dip in egg and fry directly. Spaghetti cutlet are ready. Yeah!!!!
- If you don’t wish deep fry, make the spaghetti all in shape of cutlet and shallow fry.
- Skip sliced green chillies if wanting the balls to be less spicy for kids.
My other similar recipes:
How to make Cheesy Spaghetti Balls Recipe ?
Cheesy Spaghetti Balls Recipe
- 300 gram boneless chicken
- 1 tablespoon green chilli paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ½ cup water
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoon flour
- 1 chicken cube – or 1 tablespoon chicken powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano powder
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cheese triangle or ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup broken spaghetti – (See Notes)
- Water to boil
- Salt as required
- 1 large carrot – shredded
- 1 large stalk green onion – finely chopped
- 1 capsicum – finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves – optional
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 tablespoon red chilli sauce – like tobacco sauce
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1½ cup bread crumbs
- Oil – to fry
- Take boneless chicken, green chilli paste, ginger garlic paste and water in a pot. Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes until chicken is tender. Dry out any remaining water in pot on high heat.
- Let chicken cool to room temperature, then shred it. Set aside.
For White Sauce
- In a thick bottomed pot or pan, heat butter on slow flames add flour, black pepper, oregano powder and chicken cube or powder. Sauté for a minutes then gradually add 1 cup milk with constant stirring. This white sauce will be thicker than regular white sauce. Set aside.
- Simultaneously while making white sauce, boil water with salt in a pot. Add spaghetti and cook as per instructions on packet until al dente or cooked.
Assemble spaghetti mixture
- Drain excess water in a colander and transfer spaghetti to white sauce. Also add shredded chicken and cheese. Mix well. (Keep mixture in fridge to chilli while you chop veggies.)
- When white sauce mixture is cool to room temperature add chopped vegetables and red chilli sauce. ( Keep in fridge again to chill until needed chilled mixture is easy to roll.)
Bread crumb double coating:
- Whisk 2 eggs with salt, 1 tablespoon water and red chilli powder. Set aside.
- Keep a plate ready with flour. Fill ¼ cup of tightly packed spaghetti mixture and pour over flour. Roll in flour and form 12 balls.
- Now roll each ball in egg mixture then bread crumb. Roll again in egg mixture and bread crumbs to form a double coating of bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry on medium high heat by turning 3-4 times until golden.
- Or store in fridge for up to 24 hours and fry as needed.
- Serve hot with spicy tomato ketchup and lemon wedges.