Step by step recipe of Spinach Corn Salad recipe with yogurt with photos.
I had this salad years ago at my friend’s place. This spinach corn salad with yogurt was served chilled. And the crispy chilled spinach leaves paired with corn’s sweetness was delightful. Because this salad has yogurt based dressing it makes it tasty without being too heavy.The recipe is really simple and easy to make. Any salad lover would find this salad interesting specially when there is no cream, cheese or mayonnaise and it is still yummilicious.
Benefits of spinach
Spinach is a leafy vegetable packed with Vitamins A, B, C and K. It also contains mineral like potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron and magnesium. Along with that, its low cholesterol and high fiber content makes it an amazing vegetable for skin, hair, and nail growth. It improves overall body health and prevents many ailments by lowering blood pressure, preventing heart problems, preventing cancer, improving bone health and helping diabetic management. However, people with high Uric acid should avoid spinach. Some other healthy salad recipes are cauliflower onion salad, Potato raita.
How to make Spinach sweet Corn Salad
- 250 gm spinach - stems removed and washed (palak)
- 1 ¼ cup greek yogurt - (gari dahi)
- ½ teaspoon pepper powder - (kali mirch)or less
- ½ teaspoon cumin - roasted and grounded (bhuna kutta zeera)
- 1 tablespoon sugar - (cheeni)
- salt - to taste
- 1 ½ cup sweet corn - (bhutta) boiled and cooled (I used frozen
- Wash spinach. Put two to three cuts into large leaves to make them bite size chunks. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix yogurt with salt, sugar, cumin and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add corn and spinach. Mix all together. Store in fridge. Place in the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Serve chilled.
Step by step recipe of spinach corn salad recipe with yogurt
Start with seasoning the yogurt with salt, pepper, sugar and cumin powder. Mix well.
Add sweet corns.
Next add spinach.
Mix well and chill. I keep the spinach corn salad in freezer for 15 minutes before serving.