Strawberry mint lemonade is a finer version of regular pink lemonade. It is very refreshing and flavorful. What more? I love the appeal of this drink. And the fact that you can also use frozen strawberries makes it even more convenient.
This drink is as refreshing as the photo, yes, really. Ok! Now, I'm praising my own photography. But, no one else seems to appreciate it in the comments so I thought to pamper myself.
You need just 4 ingredients for this easy non-alcoholic strawberry drink that are strawberry, lemon, mint, and sugar. Other than that you'll need water and ice to chill.
How to make Strawberry Mint Lemonade?
Making this drink is simple and straightforward. Just have a look at the visuals and read instructions as needed.
- Put strawberry, mint , sugar , ice and water in a blender.
- Blend into a smooth liquid, do a taste test here.
- Fill glasses with juice.
- I'm adding very little lemon soda for boasting the flavors but you can skip that altogether if you avoid carbonated drinks. Do not increase lemon soda measures as adding more lemon soda dilutes strawberry mint flavors.
- I have added a little extra lemon that'll hit the palate. And yum! I love it. Play around with tweaks in the recipe, if needed and of course do a taste test.
- Serve with a mint leaf. You can also garnish by hooking a strawberry and lemon slice on the brim of each glass.
Fresh or frozen: I used fresh strawberries but frozen are equally good and even nutritious. Why? Because they are fully ripened when plucked from the vine and frozen. While fresh strawberries are plucked when they are still ripened. Isn’t that amazing to know?
Make ahead: It is always a great idea to prep ahead. I prefer blending strawberry, lemon juice, and mint together with minimal water. Store it in the fridge or freeze it for later. Add water and ice just before serving.
- For Strawberry lemon soda, I personally love sparkling strawberry lemon soda.
- If you love to mix more fruit juices in this lemonade for a complex taste. Try it with watermelon or apple or guava. Yes, guava pulp will taste amazing in this juice. You can try this lemonade with other berries too.
- For slushie: Blend frozen strawberries and switch most of the water in the recipe with ice.
Yes, I've tried the recipe with both fresh and frozen strawberries. Frozen strawberries give a slushy-like texture. If you skip the ice and add cold water, it will give you the perfect texture.
Fresh strawberry chunks can be added to this.
If you prefer a smoother texture, straining can really help. And it will taste more like pink lemonade (HuffPost).
Strawberry Mint and Lemon; this combo of flavors is refreshing and balanced on its own. Adding lemon soda gives the drink a refreshing boost especially if served at a party. But you can skip it and add little water. Adjust sweetness if/as needed.
If you try this Strawberry Mint Lemonade recipe, I'd LOVE to hear your feedback in the comments. Your 5-ratings motivate me to do my best. Stay connected for more recipes and videos on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Youtube.
Strawberry Mint Lemonade recipe
- 1½ cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 2½ cup water , or more
- 1 cup ice , to chill
- Blend all ingredients in the blender except lemon soda. Protip: Strain the liquid for a smooth texture.
- Then fill glasses with prepared strawberry mint syrup.
- Serve chill with a mint leaf, a strawberry, and a lemon slice.
- To prepare this drink a few hours ahead, blend all ingredients together except ice and soda. At the time of serving add ice and mix well. Do a taste test, add more water if required.
- Sugar: You can add up to ¾ cup of sugar but more water will be needed to balance the sweetness.
- Lemon soda or 7 up: to make a frizzy strawberry drink fill ¾ glass with strawberry lemonade and ice then top it with lemon soda. Serve with a straw.
- For club soda: You can some club soda directly into the glasses for a fizzy drink. Consider reducing ½ cup of water, if needed.