Step by step recipe of Sweet corn coconut soup recipe with corn cobs.
This is super easy soup with very few ingredients. The corn is sliced thickly and cooked over night, when the cob core has turned soft and has released all its sweet juice, season the soup with coconut milk/ coconut milk powder and you are ready to enjoy the evening. While you can enjoy the kernel, you'll be surprised you can chew the cobs too which releases sweet juice from the center. Children and toddlers just love this really light, thin vegetarian soup, its sort of 'corn ka paya'.
The recipe is really simple and comes from my mother in law. This soup is family favorite, we all love to snack on the cobs. Everyone's looking for the softest baby cobs. Best time to make this soup is winter, when fresh corns are available. You can also pressure cook the corn for 30 minutes and enjoy the yummy goodness quickly.
How to make Sweet corn coconut soup recipe with corn cobs
Sweet corn coconut soup recipe with corn cobs
- 4 large corn, thickly sliced with cobs
- 2 tablespoon sugar, , not required if using sweet corns
- 2 teaspoon salt , or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoon coconut milk powder or coconut cream
- 10 cups or 2½ liter of water or as required
- Put sliced corns, salt, sugar and chili powder in a pot ¾ full of water.
- Cook over night on medium low heat for around (6-8 hours).
- Next day, add coconut milk powder and bring it to boil.
- Adjust salt and sugar as per taste.
- Serve with sliced corn cobs.
- You can also add corn stock in the soup. (Corn stock using cobs after removing kernels.)
- A reader suggested, if using sweet corns for making this soup, sugar is not required. Whereas locally available fresh corns of Pakistan are not sweet corn.
- Don't forget to like and share the love of food.