Step by step Tang fruit salad recipe with photos.
We all love Tang orange juice. So this salad has Tang based dressing. It has a nice sweet and sour taste. This is my favorite salad from my Aunt’s collection of recipes. It is easy as pie and tasty as heaven.
I have chosen my favorite vegetables and fruits to make it but you can choose according to your preference. Like, you can add more lettuce or iceberg leaves and cabbage. The raisins in this salad adds the sweetness and peanuts give it a nice crunch. So play around this salad and tweak the recipe as you like. Be creative and experiment!
Best thing about this salad is that you can make a large batch and eat it for 3 days. Did I tell you Tang salad is a crowd pleaser? Just chop all fruits and vegetable a night ahead and mix the easy dressing before serving. And that’s it.
As this salad is rich in carbohydrates and fiber, it is very filling for lunch. Although, I can have it for lunch, dinner, and breakfast.
How to make Tang Fruit Salad Recipe?
Tang Salad Recipe
- ½ kg carrot, - shredded
- ½ kg cucumber, - roughly chopped
- 2 large apples, - roughly chopped and covered with 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 1 orange, - sliced and seed removed.
- 250 grams roman lettuce or iceberg lettuce, - sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts, - roasted
- ¼ cup raisins, - soaked
- 4 tablespoon olives
Tang Salad Dressing
- 6 tablespoon Tang orange juice powder
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoon cream
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt - or to taste
- In a bowl mix all ingredient of dressing together, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix all salad ingredients. Just before serving pour the dressing. Mix well and serve cold.