Tikka paratha roll bake recipe with frozen paratha with photos of each step. This is a tempting juicy dish and this version of the recipe is more eastern, the spices and flavors of paratha roll are blended with Mexican wet burritos serving style and so that's a fusion recipe.
The Tikka paratha roll bake has a tempting look and if you have these chutneys ready in hand, the dish can be made ready in a breeze. Plus this dish is so adaptable you can always make changes according to the ingredients in hand and can be made ready a day ahead and baked before serving.
Now, the recipe of this dish came from a friend but when I googled it, I found a very similar recipe of Shireen Anwar. My friend probably took inspiration from her recipe.
How to make it?
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and marinate the chicken for 30 minutes.
Put the chicken in a pot, cover it, and cook for 20 minutes on medium-low heat. Chicken is ready when water is dried and meat is tender.
Keep milk ready in a bowl. Fry each frozen paratha.
Dip each frozen paratha in the milk bowl for few seconds.
Transfer paratha to greased baking dish. Repeat same process with all parathas.
Shred chicken into smaller pieces and divide chicken into six parts and set aside. (Picture shows five but make it six.)
In a bowl mix chutneys and mayonnaise with jalapeno and garlic.
Add capsicum and onions. Save few onions and capsicums for garnish.
Put the filling along with chicken int each paratha.
Set all the paratha in the dish like this. As the paratha dipped in milk are soft so we do filling in dish only to avoid breakage.
Garnish with olives, remaining chicken, capsicum rings, chutney mixture and cheese.
Bake for 15-20 minutes on 350 F or until bubbling hot. If making a day ahead store in the fridge, and bring to room temperature before baking.
Hungry for more? Check these!
Tikka Paratha Roll Bake
- 1 boneless chicken breast, cut in small pieces
- 3 tablespoon Chicken Tikka Spice Mix
- 2 tablespoon cream, (doodh ki balai)
- 2 tablespoon yogurt, (dahi)
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste, (adrak)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder, (kali mirch)
- ¼ cup oil, (tel)
Paratha roll Ingredients
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup tamarind chutney, (imli )
- ½ cup coriander and mint chutney, (dhanya pudina)
- 3 jalapeno pepper, (darmiyani hari mirch) chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 large onion, (piyaz), sliced
- 2 capsicum, (shimla mirch), chopped
- 5 frozen paratha
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon olives, sliced
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ½ Capsicum , sliced in rings
- In a bowl mix all ingredient of chicken marinade. And set aside for 30 minutes.
- In a pot, cook marinated chicken on medium low flame until tender.( about 20 minutes)
- In a bowl mix mayonnaise, mint, coriander chutney, garlic and chopped chilies. Add onion and capsicum, mix well and set aside.
- Grease a baking dish 5" by 8"and preheat oven on 350 F.
- Keep a deep plate filled with milk ready. Fry frozen paratha in a non stick pan without oil. Immediately dip hot paratha in milk for 5 seconds and spread on the greased baking dish. Repeat same with other four paratha.
- Divide cooked tikka chicken into 6 parts. Fill each paratha with chicken and chutney mixture then roll. Similarly, fill all parathas and roll. Save 6th part of chicken for garnish.
- Garnish the rolls with remaining chicken, capsicum rings, olives and chutney mixture. Make sure the dish is juicy.
- Cover with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until dish is well heated and cheese has melted. Chikka tikka paratha roll bake is ready to serve.