Recipe of vegetable fried rice with photos of each step. This is Indo Chinese version of fried rice that uses basmati rice. Authentic Chinese dishes use both long grain and short grain sticky rice.
- You may use any rice variety you like best.
- Rice cooked one day earlier work better because they are harder than fresh rice and therefore less fragile to breaking while mixing.
- You may add corns, cashew, green pea, French beans along with other veggies if you like.
- In all Indo Chinese recipes Chinese salt (sodium glutamate or Ajinomoto) is added as a taste enhancer. I always avoid it for health hazards attached to it. Most common but major hazard is for Blood pressure patients who must avoid it
These recipes go very well with fried rice.
How to make Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe
Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 cup or 400 gram rice – , soaked for 20 minutes.
- Few drops of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon oil – , preferably sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic – chopped or paste
- 1 chicken cube – , optional
- 1 medium carrot – , finely chopped
- ½ small cabbage – , finely chopped
- ½ medium capsicum – , finely chopped
- 3-4 stalks green onion – , thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon medium green chilles – , finely sliced
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Wash and soak rice in water for 20 minutes.
- Fill a half of a large pot with water and add salt as required.(The water should have soupy salt level.) Also add a few drop of lemon juice.
- Bring water to boil then add soaked rice and cook for 7-10 minutes until 80% cooked. Strain rice in a colander and set aside.
- In same pot, heat oil and fry garlic for few second. Then add chopped carrots and cabbage. Mix well and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add capsicum, green chillies and green onion and mix well.
- Add half of the rice, mix carefully by turning the rice up and down with a spatula. Then add remaining rice and mix carefully.
- Cover pot tightly and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat until steam rises.
Step by step recipe of vegetable fried rice
Soak rice for 20 minutes or follow instructions on the pack.
Boil water in a large pot. Also add salt and few drops of lemon juice. (Water should have soupy salt level, lemon is added to bring out bright white color of rice.)
When water boils add soaked rice and cook for 7-10 minutes or as per instructions on the rice pack. (We want 1Kani or 80% cooked rice.)
Strain rice in a colander and set aside.
This photo might give you a visual estimation of ratio of different Vegetables. (So from left we have cabbage, carrot, capsicum, green chillies and green onions.)
In a large and wide pot, heat oil and add garlic. Stir and add veggies.
First add chicken cube (if using), cabbage and carrot. Cook for 3 minutes. (Cabbage and carrot take longer time to cook so add them first.)
Then add all remaining vegetables and seasonings like salt and pepper.
Add soy sauce. Do not cook veggies for more than a minutes. Just stir and add rice.
First add half the rice stir than add remaining rice.
Mix rice carefully by turning up and down. (Mixing too much will break the rice.) Cover pot tightly and cook for 5-7 minutes on medium until steam rises to top.
You rice are ready to be served with any main course of your choice.
Like, Comment, Subscribe to let us know your opinion and request. We are working everyday to bring best taste with easiest recipe.