Recipe of vegetable fried rice with photos of each step. This is Indo Chinese version of fried rice that uses basmati rice. Authentic Chinese dishes use both long grain and short grain sticky rice.
- You may use any rice variety you like best.
- Rice cooked one day earlier work better because they are harder than fresh rice and therefore less fragile to breaking while mixing.
- You may add corns, cashew, green pea, French beans along with other veggies if you like.
- In all Indo Chinese recipes Chinese salt (sodium glutamate or Ajinomoto) is added as a taste enhancer. I always avoid it for health hazards attached to it. Most common but major hazard is for Blood pressure patients who must avoid it
These recipes go very well with fried rice.
How to make Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe
Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 cup or 400 gram rice – , soaked for 20 minutes.
- Few drops of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon oil – , preferably sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic – chopped or paste
- 1 chicken cube – , optional
- 1 medium carrot – , finely chopped
- ½ small cabbage – , finely chopped
- ½ medium capsicum – , finely chopped
- 3-4 stalks green onion – , thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon medium green chilles – , finely sliced
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Wash and soak rice in water for 20 minutes.
- Fill a half of a large pot with water and add salt as required.(The water should have soupy salt level.) Also add a few drop of lemon juice.
- Bring water to boil then add soaked rice and cook for 7-10 minutes until 80% cooked. Strain rice in a colander and set aside.
- In same pot, heat oil and fry garlic for few second. Then add chopped carrots and cabbage. Mix well and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add capsicum, green chillies and green onion and mix well.
- Add half of the rice, mix carefully by turning the rice up and down with a spatula. Then add remaining rice and mix carefully.
- Cover pot tightly and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat until steam rises.