Mix Vegetable Curry Recipe Pakistani Sabzi
This is a comforting blend of vegetables seasoned with herbs and spices that can be served with roti, rice or khichri. Enjoy with yogurt and pickles.
Servings 4 servings
- ½ cup vegetable oil (tel)
- 1 ½ tablespoon freshly chopped garlic (lahsun)
- 1 tablespoon crushed red chilli (kuti lal mirch)
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder (dhanya)
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds (zeera)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala Powder (garam masala)
- 1 ½ tablespoon green chilli paste (hari mirch)
- 2 (200 grams) onion (piyaz)
- 4 (200 grams) tomato (timatar)
- 1 bunch (125 gram) spinach (palak), stem removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoon fenugreek leaves (meethi bhaji)
- 2 tablespoon dill leaves (suva bhaji)
- 2 (125 gram) carrots (gajar), cut in small cubes
- ½ (125 gram) cauliflower (phool gobi), cut into small florets
- 2 (200 gram) potato (aloo), cut in cubes
- 1 (50 gram) brainjal
- ½ cup boiled green pea (matar)
- Fresh coriander / cilantro to garnish
- Ginger cut in julliene, optional
- Chilies Slices to garnish
Fry garlic, crushed red chillies, coriander powder, cumin seeds, mustard seed and all spice powder in oil for 1 minutes on medium heat.
When spices sizzle, add onions and green chilli paste. Fry for few minutes until onions are soft then add tomatoes and mix well. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
Now, add spinach, dill leaves and fenugreek leaves, cook for 2 minutes.
Mix in chopped carrot, cauliflower, potato, brinjal and green pea.
Cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes. When veggies are cooked. Sear , (bhonofy) on high for few minutes until oil separates.
Garnish and serve.
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 138mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 866IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg