Ground chicken nugget (fried)
Easy to make and good to eat nuggets. And you can freeze them too.
Servings 50 pieces
- 750 grams boneless chicken breast (about three chicken breast) or 750 grams of ground chicken
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped onion excess juices squeezed and discarded, or ½ tablespoon onion powder.
- 2 teaspoon garlic paste or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoon chicken powder or ½ chicken cube/bullion mixed with little cornflour.
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt more to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 large eggs for egg wash
- 3 cup bread crumb to coat
Season the ground chicken
Add garlic, onions, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to chicken mince and mix well. The chicken mixture will be sticky, It's ok. Set aside.
Prepare Breading Station
In a bowl, whisk eggs, add salt and pepper to make egg wash. Take some bread crumbs on a large plate. Also, keep baking sheet or large trays to set prepared nuggets.
Roll Out nuggets
Grease hands with oil and roll out small from ground chicken mixture balls. Coat each ball with bread crumbs. This will make balls firm enough to handle.
Now shapes the balls into squares or circles with your hands. Dip each nugget in egg wash and then again in bread crumbs.
For frying, throw few nuggets directly in hot oil. Do not crowd the wok and fry on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Then increase heat and fry for another 2 minutes until golden. Do not overcook, that will make the nuggets dry.
Take out on a kitchen towel and serve hot with any dip or ketchup.
Put nuggets on a tray and freezer for two hours until rock solid. Don't stack , keep each nugget separated.
Once frozen, store plastic zip lock bags or in a container putting layers of butter paper in between the nuggets. To fry frozen nuggets, throw nuggets directly in hot oil. Fry on medium heat for 4 minutes. Then increase heat fry for another for 2 minutes until golden from the center.