Serve warm along the meal!
Servings 8 (750 grams)
- 2 cup (250 grams) wheat flour (atta)
- ½ cup clarified butter (ghee) plus 7 tablespoon for assembling
- 4 tablespoon semolina (sooji)
- 2 tablespoon milk powder optional
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup milk
- Water as required
- Oil or ghee to fry
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ¼ cup pistachio crushed in bits
- ¼ cup almond crushed in bits
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (char magaz)
- ½ cup gum (goond) crushed in bits
- ¾ -1 cup (175 grams) shredded jaggery (gur,gol) less or more to taste
- *you may use other nuts of your choice like cashew pine nuts, dried coconut etc.
Making Dough balls
In a large bowl mix, wheat flour, semolina, clarified butter, milk powder and salt with hands until you have a crumbly mixture. Mix milk and water as required to make a tight dough.
Form small 2 inch dough balls and press inside fist to imbed deep finger marks. (This is Muthia, and this shape of dough helps thorough cooking from inside.)
In a wok, deep fry muthia in small batches in clarified butter or oil on medium flame until crispy golden.
Let muthia cool than crumble with hands or a food processor.
In same wok, deep fry crushed gum until it puffs up completely with constant stirring. Add puffed gum to crumble muthia. Mix well.
Take 1 tablespoons clarified butter in a pan and fry cardamom powder, pistachio, almond, melon seeds for 30 seconds until crisp. Add to crumble muthia.
In same pan, heat 4 tablespoon clarified butter and add grated jaggery. Let the jaggery melt to runny consistency. As it starts to boil from sides of pan pour melted jaggery over crumbled mixture. Mix thoroughly with a spoon. (Jaggery will be very hot, be careful.)
To serve, heat Malida on slow heat and serve warm garnished with more nuts.
Calories: 538kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 22mg | Potassium: 203mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 46IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 4mg