Coconut delight dessert recipe
A quick dessert for coconut lovers.This dessert will remind you of pinacolada.
- 1 tin (450 grams) fruit cocktail (fruit and juice separated)
- 2 tablespoon gelatin powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut or ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tin (400 grams) sweetened condensed milk
- 200 ml cream (tetra pack)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Few drops vanilla essence
- 25 gram milk chocolate
To Bloom Gelatin
In a hot water bath, place a bowl with gelatin.
Heat the cocktail liquid until warm and pour over gelatin in hot water bath. Mix at regular intervals until gelatin crystals dissolve completely.
In a large bowl mix condensed milk, cream, desiccated or shredded coconut, lemon juice and vanilla essence until combined. Now, mix in bloomed gelatin. Pour this mixture evenly over the fruit in dish.
Set in fridge overnight or freezer for 2 hour to set. Garnish with a layer shredded milk chocolate on top. Serve chilled.
Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 120mg | Potassium: 318mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 710IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 172mg | Iron: 1mg