Chapli Kabab Recipe Pakistani
Delicious mince meat cutlets bursting with spices and fragrant aroma.
Servings 10 kabab
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried pomegranate arils (anar dana), susbtitute with dried mango powder
- ½ tablespoon fennel seeds (sauf)
- ½ tablespoon red chilli flakes ( or chilli powder)
- ½ tablespoon Kashmiri chilli powder (for color, substitute with paprika)
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder (or more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon black salt or pink salt or just salt
- Salt to taste
- ½ kg mince (mutton or beef)
- 1 large (150 gram) onion , finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon cornflour , more for dusting
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoon chopped green chilli
- 2 tablespoon butter (or clarified butter )
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 large tomato
- Oil or clarified butter to fry
For Spice Mix
Roast cumin, coriander, dried pomegranate aril and fennel seed in a pan for 1 minutes until fragrant, crushed them lightly to get a coarse powder. Set aside.
Next, roast remaining spices red chilli powder, kashmiri chilli powder, red chilli flakes, turmeric, black pepper, ginger powder and black salt for few second. Mix crushed and powder spices together to make chapli kabab spice mix.
For chapli kabab
In large bowl take mince, spice mix and ingredients of chapli kabab except tomato. Mix well until mince gets a dough like consistency. Marinate for 30 minutes.(Preferably 4-6 hours.)
Roll out balls of kabab and flatten with hands. (Remember kabab will shrink upon frying so make them a little flatter and bigger than desired size.)
Slice a tomato and embed a tomato slice on each kabab.
Alternately, you can chopped tomato and embed chopped tomato in kabab. (Recommended for easy frying.)
Dust each kabab lightly in corn flour.
Shallow fry kabab in oil or clarified butter for 2-3 minutes on medium flame until crispy.
Serving: 1kabab | Calories: 268kcal