Indian Ginger Chicken
A delicious and easy chicken curry for ginger lover. Serve with naan or rice.
- 1 pound boneless chicken cut in small cubes (450 grams)
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri chilli powder for colour
- 6 tablespoon oil divided
- 1 tablespoon green chilli paste
- ½ tablespoon roasted and grounded cumin
- ½ tablespoon roasted and grounded coriander
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tomatoes raw puree
- ¾ cup yogurt whipped (or less according to desired gravy)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 inch ginger cut in julienne, less or more
- Chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- 1 lemon wedge
Mix chicken cubes, ginger, Kashmiri chilli powder and salt in a bowl, marinate for 15 minutes.
In a wok, fry chicken in 2 tablespoon oil for 5 minutes on high heat, remove from pan and set aside.
For Ginger Curry
In same pan or wok, take another 4 tablespoon oil and fry onion slices on medium heat for 7-10 minutes until very soft but not brown.
Now, add all spices in the curry and fry for 2 minutes.
Pour tomato puree and cook for 5-7 minutes on high heat until tomato water dries and oil separate on the sides of wok.
Now mix in cooked chicken and yogurt and simmer for 5-10 minutes on low heat until you see a thin layer of oil on top of gravy. Then add butter in the last.
Garnish with ginger, lemon wedges and fresh coriander.
-You can also add ½ teaspoon ginger powder in curry if you like very strong ginger flavor.
-Add just ¼ cup yogurt and burn extra water in last step for dry ginger chicken. --- Please check the tip above to know more about roasted cumin and coriander. You can use un-roasted cumin and coriander but roasted taste better.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 459kcal