Aloo Roti Recipe |Potato roti
They simply melt in the mouth, these are particularly kids favorite. Do not hesitate to double the recipe, they'll be gone in no time.
Servings 7 small roti
- 500 grams Potato
- 1 cup wheat flour more for dusting
- 1½ teaspoon turmeric divided
- ½-1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon cumin powder
- ½ tablespoon coriander powder preferably roasted and grounded
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
Boil potatoes with 1 teaspoon turmeric and salt until fork tender. Run cold water over potatoes to cool them and peel off the skin.
Mash potatoes in a bowl and add all remaining ingredients. Mix well to form a soft dough. (You may add more wheat flour if needed to form a dough.)
Divide dough in to seven portions. Dust each portion generously with wheat flour and roll into a small, ⅛ inch thick flatbread. Lift each flatbread carefully and dust flour on both sides.
Fry each flatbread on a non stick pan with little oil, turning from side to side until you see brown spots. Serve hot with chutney.