Lemon Mousse Cake Recipe
Enjoy a lemony creamy treat!
- 10 hard biscuit like Marie or digestives
- 4 wheat biscuit
- ¼ cup almonds roasted and coarsely grounded
- 50 grams butter
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ tablespoon corn flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- zest of 2 lemon
Crush both biscuits coarsely in grinder.
Now mix crushed almond and butter in biscuit.
Place the mixture in a springform pan (7 inches) and press with a flat and heavy object to form an even layer of the base. Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
Mix condensed milk, cream, lemon juice, and milk in a bowl. Now add bloomed gelatin and mix well. Pour the lemon mousse over the biscuit base.
Refrigerate again for at least 2-4 hours until set.
For Lemon sauce
Mix all ingredients of lemon sauce and heat over a pan with constant stirring until thickened.
When the mousse is set, pour lemon sauce gently over the dessert.
Slice the cake and serve.
- This dessert can also be set in a 1 liter casserole or similar dish if the springform pan is not available.
- You can add ½ cup cream cheese to it if you like it rich.
- You can make biscuit base without almonds too but almonds really give a crunchy kick to the plain biscuits.