Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce recipe
An easy, quick sauce that could be served with almost any kind of snacks.
Servings 1 cup
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh red chillies very finely chopped (see notes 1)
- ½ tablespoon garlic very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger very finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cornflour mixed with 2 tablespoons of water
In a pot take all the ingredients except cornflour. Bring to boil and cook for 1 minutes.
Add corn flour mixed with water and stir gently until thickened. Transfer hot sauce to a clean and dry glass jar.
Let the sauce cool completely then close the lid and store in the fridge for up to 10 days or more.
- Using fresh ingredients is recommended.
- Substitute ginger with ½ teaspoon ginger powder.
- Substitute 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes for fresh chilli.
- You may use extra chillies if you like your sauce to be very spicy.
- You can use extra cornflour to thicken sauce to your liking.