Mango Vermicelli Recipe
It is super simple to make. You just need to make milky Vermicelli or seviyaan and add lots of mango cubes.
Servings 6 servings
- 2 tablespoon butter or ghee
- ½ cup crushed vermicelli
- 1 litre milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 10-12 strands saffron optional
- ½ cup milk powder See notes 1
- ⅓ cup cream
- 3 cups cubbed mangoes more to garnish
- ½ cup mango pulp See notes 2
In a wide pot on low heat, sauté Vermicelli with butter for few minutes until roasted and fragrant. Immediately add milk and stir.
Next add sugar, saffron and milk powder. Bring the milk to boil and them simmer for 20 minutes until Vermicelli are soft and syrup and thickened.
Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
Once cooled, add cream, mango pulp and mango cubes. Mix well and keep it fridge to chill.
- Substitute milk powder with two extra cups of milk and simmer 20 minutes longer until thickened.
- Blend flesh of two small mango to make ½ cup pulp. You can also press mango between two palms to soften it and then squeeze it to get pulp.
- This mango Vermicelli stays good in fridge for 2-3 days.